LML Belly buster for you smart lads

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
The truck in question is a 2014 LML... I had tuned it in February of 2017 and it was running quite well. Customer installed a batmo wheel but prior to that had complained of power loss. After the wheel install the loss of power persisted. Yesterday I had attempted to communicate with the ECM but was given the $0101 No Data Received. I am not able to connect through for logging either. Another issue was when my V2 was connected the gauges on the instrument cluster were all f**ked up bouncing around, reading 0 on a few and the truck started but the first attempt yielded a partial turn over almost like the batteries were bad. Installed a fresh set of batteries and same issues. Once I disconnected my V2 everything went back to normal and power loss was still present. The shop the truck was at has a Snap-on scanner and it too received a "no data" message. Weird Shit any ideas? Oh and no codes

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Sounds like something is being sensitive and creating noise on the CANbus

That's what I was leaning towards the mechanic that performs all work on the truck when pressed said nothing electronically has been done to the truck since 2017. Would some sort of interference not allow anything to connect to the ECM? I was notified that the truck gets used for hunting and regularly sees lots of high water.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I had a 2011 in a few years back that freaked out with his CTS plugged in, but was fine with my other tools

Oddly enough this truck has a CTS2 and it works with no issue and even displays readings on the display screen. Yet I can't get anything with the V2 or Snap-on scanner

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
That's what I was leaning towards the mechanic that performs all work on the truck when pressed said nothing electronically has been done to the truck since 2017. Would some sort of interference not allow anything to connect to the ECM? I was notified that the truck gets used for hunting and regularly sees lots of high water.
Corrosion at a can bus junction/splice would be my guess. Check the wiring diagram for any underhood splices low in the harness.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Oddly enough this truck has a CTS2 and it works with no issue and even displays readings on the display screen. Yet I can't get anything with the V2 or Snap-on scanner

There isn’t an obd2 splitter on the truck is there?

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
The Bus is a daisy chain arrangement. Engine and TCM on one end and the BCM somewhere in the middle. I think the port is further out than the BCM. Bottom line is if there is a break in the chain, not data will cross the gap.

Most frequently, it is an unplugged or loose connector on one of the modules. Sometimes a bad module.