Beer Help!!

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Hey guys....

Well thurs is my Bday....I'm a huge beer drinker and wanted some spotted cow (New Glarus WI beer) for my day. But they dont have it available outside of WI.

And there is no way I'm driving that far for beer lol. and there isnt much around here besides the mainstream stuff...which most is nasty.

I found a site with lots of different beer that I've never had.

What would you guys suggest? I tend to prefer the local type of beers (mostly microbrews) but anything is really tasty to me.

Here is the site.

http://www.halftimebeverage.com/

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I've had shiner before....was good but want something good that i've never had.

Prob have to suggest a micro or a foreign beer....which I love both :woott:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
said piss on it....and ordered a bunch off their top 100 list

2 of each.

Victory Golden Monkey
Ommegang Hennepin
North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Weyerbacher Blithering Idiot
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy
Delirium Tremens
Unibroue Trois Pistoles
Orval
Orkney Skull Splitter
Ayinger Celebrator 6/4
Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
Innis & Gunn Cask Strength Oak Aged Beer
BREW DOG 5AM SAINT

And one of those little mini fridge kegs of Newcastle.:thumb::woott:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Let me know how that skull spliter works out! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

im sure you have had it but have you tried Sam Adams October fest? thats so real good beer and can only get it this time of year

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Yeah the Oktoberfest beers are about the only seasonal ones I really like. Never been too much of a sam adams beer guy though....but that one I do like.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
John i got some beer for ya. a buddy brewed it a while back.....it tastes like vodka and wine, but it will get you feelin good in no time

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
I looked at the Domestic list quickly, and recognized a few I've had. I was in Connecticut about a month ago and brought back 2 cases of Wachusets Blueberry Ale. It is smooth with just a hint of Blueberry. It's best when served in a glass with a handful of Blueberries in the glass. It's not a sweet fruity chick drink by any stretch and it's a nice change of pace.

Secondly, I have had Troegs as well (they are a local Harrisburg brewery) and used to be a huge fan of the Dreamweaver Wheat. However, I drank 18 one night on an empty stomach and the resulting aftermath ruined my taste for it, but I did enjoy it until that point.

Good luck and happy birthday.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I looked at the Domestic list quickly, and recognized a few I've had. I was in Connecticut about a month ago and brought back 2 cases of Wachusets Blueberry Ale. It is smooth with just a hint of Blueberry. It's best when served in a glass with a handful of Blueberries in the glass. It's not a sweet fruity chick drink by any stretch and it's a nice change of pace.

Secondly, I have had Troegs as well (they are a local Harrisburg brewery) and used to be a huge fan of the Dreamweaver Wheat. However, I drank 18 one night on an empty stomach and the resulting aftermath ruined my taste for it, but I did enjoy it until that point.

Good luck and happy birthday.

thanks Ted:hug:

Thats the testiments I like:thumb:

I was in Boston and ate/drank at a microbrewary next to Fenway Park that served one of their beers with blueberries too.

was pretty damn good.

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
thanks Ted:hug:

Thats the testiments I like:thumb:

I was in Boston and ate/drank at a microbrewary next to Fenway Park that served one of their beers with blueberries too.

was pretty damn good.

ahh yes, Boston Beer Works and the Bunker Hill Blueberry Ale...I've been there a time or 3. That is where my intro to the Blueberry beer began about 5 years ago. Good times. :thumb:

seth999

Wheeewwwww!!!
Jul 1, 2009
Corbin,KY
Out of what u ordered I've only had the blithering idiot...and I though I had tried alot...one I tried last week called duck rabbit head milk stout proved pretty interesting