Beer Brewers??

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Just curious if anyone else on here brews their own beer or wine. I have been doing it since August and I think it is fun, especially drinking it! I will be botteling my third 5 gallon batch next Saturday!

BenFoo

Dually
Nov 27, 2011
Philadelphia
I do. I found that if youre going to bottle it, go buy a bunch of the flip-top bottles from Ikea. The bottles are about 30oz and you get about 15-18 depending how full you make them.

Last two brews were a half-grain pumpkin ale and a FatTire clone. Good stuff.

Sent via Telegraph.

dmaxdaddy

Powersport Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2010
WV
I've tried numerous times with the Mr. Beer stuff. I have followed the directions to a T. It always comes out horrible.(extremely yeasty) Would love to be able to make my own. Hats off and much respect to those who can.:beer

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
Not sure I would be standing after 30oz of the last beer I brewed. It is a Belgian Tripel and has 9%ABV. I have seen those Mr. Beer kits that give you beer in a few weeks. The batch I have sitting now has been fermenting for almost a month and a half and it still has two weeks of bottle conditioning. I think the key is how long it sits. My first batch tastes good, but the next day is very uncomfortable!:hurryup:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ive made honey mead before, that stuff messed me up. Haven't done it in ten years.

workin' diesel

factory tuned
Nov 13, 2010
Coalhust, AB Canada
The other day I made a blueberry wheat. Got an extract kit from Northern Brewer for an American Wheat. Took four pounds of blueberries and mashed them and threw them in the boil 20 minutes before flame-out. I followed the kit recipie mostly. The only other thing I am winging is the fermentation times. I will let you know in 3 weeks how it tastes.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm brewing a double IPA tomorrow shooting for 1.070 OG should be a true 8% abv

Hops 2 oz Magnum - Bittering hops boiled for 90 min 1 oz simcoe - boiled for 45 minutes 1 oz columbus - boiled for 30 minutes 2 oz centennial - added at flameout 1 oz simcoe - added at flameout 3 oz columbus - dry 1 oz centennial - dry 1 oz simcoe - dry

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I'm brewing a double IPA tomorrow shooting for 1.070 OG should be a true 8% abv

Hops 2 oz Magnum - Bittering hops boiled for 90 min 1 oz simcoe - boiled for 45 minutes 1 oz columbus - boiled for 30 minutes 2 oz centennial - added at flameout 1 oz simcoe - added at flameout 3 oz columbus - dry 1 oz centennial - dry 1 oz simcoe - dry

Just reading that hop schedule made my throat pucker...:thumb: