LB7: Beating a dead horse

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
I am looking into upgrading to sac injectors. I have gotten a few opinions but was hoping to get someone with similar mods to give me a better idea.

I have been looking at doing 65% overs. The current mods are t4 sxe-s366, dual fuelers with 30% overs. I am mostly worried about constant smoke or haze while daily driving as well as towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
What’s the current largest pulse uS you drive the most on and/or race on?

Honestly I just switched to unleashed and haven’t looked. I am pretty sure my race tune is over 2600us I’m just not sure how much. The last time I dyno’d it hit 805. I usually drive around town on the small tunes to help with smoke and haze.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
We put SAC45 injectors in my brother's truck (otherwise stock) because S&S was taking forever to come out with the SAC00 injectors, and with a little bit of tuning, you'd never know it had oversize injectors. No issues controlling smoke or haze.

So I wouldn't be afraid to go to at least SAC45. I run SAC75 in my truck and they clean up OK. In that motor I'm fighting the reduced C.R., cam, and a big single, so it is hard to say for sure how clean you could get SAC75's on your setup, but probably not a problem with a bit of effort.

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
We put SAC45 injectors in my brother's truck (otherwise stock) because S&S was taking forever to come out with the SAC00 injectors, and with a little bit of tuning, you'd never know it had oversize injectors. No issues controlling smoke or haze.

So I wouldn't be afraid to go to at least SAC45. I run SAC75 in my truck and they clean up OK. In that motor I'm fighting the reduced C.R., cam, and a big single, so it is hard to say for sure how clean you could get SAC75's on your setup, but probably not a problem with a bit of effort.

Awesome! Sounds like I can count on the 45’s being clean. I would like the 65’s but I can’t decide if I am going to battle keeping it clean.. my 30’s I have now have always been Smokey, better with the tunes I have now.

Is there much difference between s&s and Lincoln diesel? I like Lincoln diesels price better lol

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Honestly I just switched to unleashed and haven’t looked. I am pretty sure my race tune is over 2600us I’m just not sure how much. The last time I dyno’d it hit 805. I usually drive around town on the small tunes to help with smoke and haze.

That power doesn’t seem right for what you have...

But that doesn’t have much to do with why I asked lol. Being you are on stock pistons, I’d go with as much injector as you can afford to keep the big tunes pulse width down low. It will just help prolong the engine.

I daily drove and towed 25k with 100% overs. LLY injectors but those are SAC just like you are looking at. 100% would get you down under 2k uS a decent amount and run like your current race tune at 2600uS

Antiher03

Nov 10, 2013
Utah
That power doesn’t seem right for what you have...

But that doesn’t have much to do with why I asked lol. Being you are on stock pistons, I’d go with as much injector as you can afford to keep the big tunes pulse width down low. It will just help prolong the engine.

I daily drove and towed 25k with 100% overs. LLY injectors but those are SAC just like you are looking at. 100% would get you down under 2k uS a decent amount and run like your current race tune at 2600uS

Yeah, I don’t really take those numbers to heart. On that same dyno it was 100hp more than the last tuner.

I trapped 111 with starlite tunes on 2600us which is like 650?. Tried ridge runner for a minute and now with udt. I want to say 3kus now but like I said I haven’t looked.

I also live in Utah. the elevation changes towing my camp trailer keeps me from wanting 100’s. Might be okay keeping it in the rpms but I’d rather not battle it

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah, I don’t really take those numbers to heart. On that same dyno it was 100hp more than the last tuner.

I trapped 111 with starlite tunes on 2600us which is like 650?. Tried ridge runner for a minute and now with udt. I want to say 3kus now but like I said I haven’t looked.

I also live in Utah. the elevation changes towing my camp trailer keeps me from wanting 100’s. Might be okay keeping it in the rpms but I’d rather not battle it

650 sounds more reasonable, maybe 700 depending on truck weight and what Blake kicked it up to

I towed from 1100ft to 7500ft. 600hp tune, she played nice but having twins makes the difference. You can only make a fixed vane larger charger “smokeless” to a point. Realistically you should be downshifting more and using more rpm to keep smoke down when towing. Stay above 1800rpm on that charger.

Bigger injectors won’t make the setup anymore smokier than it is with good larger injectors.... to a point. You go WOT in 5th gear, converter locked at 50mph/1500rpm and it’s going to be a smokey mess. But under sane driving conditions, should drive nice