Basic - power windows/locks/remote swap?

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
I've got an 02 LB7 strip model with manual everything. As my 02 2500 Suburban starts to need more and more work I'm considering stripping it for parts. The Burb is fully loaded with auto climate, power/heated seats, on star, etc.

To start, is the Burb BCM and wiring harness even compatible with the truck? I'd assume so.

Second, can the BCM/harness be thinned out for what I assume will be a lot of excessive pre-canbus wiring for all the additional things besides what I want; power windows/locks/remote?

Lastly, "anything" is possible with enough time and money, but is this one of those things that it's not worth the effort to get it to work?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
the 01-02 trucks are very minimal with the use of CAN. power windows and locks are just ground triggered by the BCM and normal power runs to each. same with heated seats. On-star shouldnt be working as its the old analog system and they swapped to digital sometime in later 2000's iirc.

If the auto climate is the dial type (not a digital looking face like 03-up), it will work as well. To make all that work, you should be able to wire it all in, find a BCM OS from a fully loaded crew cab LT truck that had auto air and have it flashed in via a tech2 or someone with another way (EFI Live wont do it). This is, assuming the Suburban BCM will work that way.

your working with a dumber system than later years, i see no reason it wont work fairly simply.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
The auto climate is the dial type. On the 03+ digital I know there's sensors all over the cab and swapping that is more work than it's worth. Where are the temp sensors for the old dial style? I've got a fan speed or two out on the LB7, so if swapping over some of the Burb's climate stuff will work then might as well.

Do you see any reason why heated seats would be a problem with cloth? I am not a fan of leather, I was thinking of swapping the skins of my cloth onto the leather heated ones from the Burb as well.

Know of any good pin-out for the BCM to look at stripping it down?

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I just swapped a 2001 Silverado Base to full power windows, power locks and power mirrors.

I can tell you how to do it, and you will not waste any of your time wondering what the process is, as I had to refer to DIAGS and Schematics and do a bunch of stuff wiring wise because I only got doors and not a donor truck.

The only thing that I do not have is keyless entry, only because I do not have the receiver, the BCM is already set to lock and unlock the doors even on a base model.

Happy to help if you need anything

:thumb: