Banks vs BD intercooler

Bronson1396

Aug 28, 2023
United States
They are the same part other than logo and packaging, that's it. BD hasn't made theirs for awhile now.

Ok so looks like my order got cancelled on eBay for that intercooler for no reason other than shipping address. If I can’t get that figured out, how much longer would my boot have to be to make the banks work? Not sure how much further back the banks sits. Right now it’s just a 3” 90 degree elbow fairly short.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
They are the same part other than logo and packaging, that's it. BD hasn't made theirs for awhile now.

Ok so looks like my order got cancelled on eBay for that intercooler for no reason other than shipping address. If I can’t get that figured out, how much longer would my boot have to be to make the banks work? Not sure how much further back the banks sits. Right now it’s just a 3” 90 degree elbow fairly short.
Where are you located?

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
How much and would you ship?
It's still new in the box. Only opened it to make sure all the stuff was there. Also it has the grey powder coated tubes an not the new red ones they sell now. WHen I bought it you had a choice of color. Now the only option is red.

I would ship but it won't be cheap... it comes in 2 boxes intercooler is in 1 and the pipes and hardware in another.

I was going to list it for $1200 locally.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I have been told the port is slightly offset. In the past I was told the Banks pipes are routed specific to there intercooler. Not sure if there is any pictures floating around on the net.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
So I talked to banks today and I can get just the intercooler and the install kit for about 1000. So question is will my afe driver side charge pipe work without any mods?
The 01-05 Banks intercooler has straight inlet/outlet ports whereas the OEM intercooler has a straight inlet and an up/in (angled toward the sky/center of vehicle).

The hot/inlet side fits no problem, the cold/outlet side takes either a different pipe or a different boot. I used a long boot for my application and it worked ok for what it needed to do but I not like the length of unsupported boot I had.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I ordered one of the Northern performance ones two years ago for my LB7, packaging was shit and it showed up damaged. Looked like like a decent intercooler to, really wanted one but wasn't keeping damaged junk. Sent it back and couldn't get another due to being on back order, a buddy gave me a clean used Mishimoto one.

• Sad
Reactions: Bdsankey