c5fourj

Occasionally moving quick
Dec 20, 2014
Brighton, CO

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
ugh, not another video...

For as much effort as he went through, Especially this late in the game, you would think he would go after a CARB certification for this part.

Especially considering some other states are starting to adopt some of the same emission rules.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I give Banks credit for trying to make a manifold. I believe, like 1FastBrick said, it is a little late in the game. The other unknown is what up-pipes work with it? It appears that Banks sells it with flanges to fabricate your own (at least for the manifold to up-pipe connection) but 90% of buyers aren't going to fabricate a complete up-pipe set just to use them.

If they truly do flow better than a PPE/ProFab/Steed Speed/ATS ETC then I think they will prove it on builds but I don't think there is going to be this massive shift in the market to using their manifolds as opposed to what is already proven. Rick's manifolds and up-pipes take a beating and keep coming back for more, it will be hard to beat that reputation and their pricepoint.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
I was just having this conversation the other day with a co worker. Why is banks coming in so late? And not just to sell a product, but mostly also to point out everyone else’s flaws (so to speak) or why theirs don’t work as well as his will? Same with that rear diff cover videos he did. And yeah, why not work to get some carb compliant these days. I should call Rick and ask what are all the hoops a company would have to jump through to get a carb cert.

But I’d agree with Bdsankey, rick’s manifolds do work and also great price. Plus he’s been in it so long with a great reputation.