Bad defuel

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
I have a 2018 L5P that at full throttle will fall hard on its face at 30MPH and stay a slug till 40 MPH. Then it gets stuck at 40MPH until you let off the throttle then will go. It happens at full throttle and happens in the cold or heat is isn't everything. Any one have any clues?

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Just to update. Dealer pulled the fuel filter and said water and stuff in the filter. Looked more into it and said the pump failed and let water In. So they are replacing the pump. Any other damage that could be associated to this later down the road?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Which pump are they referring too? The in tank lift pump or the high pressure fuel pump? I don't see how any of them could do as you describe. Maybe in reverse, the filter failed to contain the water and it damaged the HPFP.

If the HPFP failed then it may contaminate the rails and injectors too

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Which pump are they referring too? The in tank lift pump or the high pressure fuel pump? I don't see how any of them could do as you describe. Maybe in reverse, the filter failed to contain the water and it damaged the HPFP.

If the HPFP failed then it may contaminate the rails and injectors too

HPFP. Originally they called and asked if I had filled up recently.( I only had 1/4 tank )then they called and said they found where all the water came from, water was coming from the HPFP and they were going to replace the pump.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Make sure all the injectors, rails and lines are thoroughly inspected. If they don't, make sure you get something in writing that they are extending the warranty or something to that effect. Water = rust and rust is very abrasive. It can take out injectors later if not taken care of now.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Make sure all the injectors, rails and lines are thoroughly inspected. If they don't, make sure you get something in writing that they are extending the warranty or something to that effect. Water = rust and rust is very abrasive. It can take out injectors later if not taken care of now.

Thanks. I told them to inspect everything and I will make sure they annotate everything.