Bad alternator diode?

06DDLBZ

Mar 13, 2017
Helllo

2006 LBZ, dropped in mint California donor motor w 90k few days ago, upgraded to a 3794 turbo, Calvin’s trans....

I Have a few issues: the battery light is on, had a a glow plug module code that I cleared, some Trans codes haven’t gotten to that I have to work on yet. A

The batteries are brand new. All the grounds have been cleaned thoroughly.
The Truck did have a lost communication to TCM. I had to reprogram a new TCM. Guessing the “mechanic” that removed my motor arc’d the truck and fried the TCM and I think the alternator Diode also.

I would like to get the alternator tested anyway since I don’t know how old it is I just wanted to make sure they would be able to determine the bad didoe in their test?

Thank you

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
The Diode cluster is one of the most common things to go out in an alternator , and yes they will test it , you should just have the alternator rebuilt while it is out !

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Checked the fusible link for continuity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06DDLBZ

Mar 13, 2017
Had the alternator rebuilt for $40. Battery light is still on. Put the tech2 on it and got a DTC from BCM

Thanks guys.

B2615- passenger compartment dimming 2 circuit

Any idea how to chase this one down ?

Ron Nielson

Oct 11, 2009
Berryton, KS
DTC B2615

Diagnostic Instructions

Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to using this diagnostic procedure. See: Testing and Inspection\Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview
Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach.
Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each diagnostic category.

DTC Descriptors

DTC B2615 00

Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 Circuit

DTC B2615 01

Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 Circuit Short to Battery

DTC B2615 02

Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 Circuit Short to Ground

DTC B2615 04

Passenger Compartment Dimming 2 Circuit Open

Diagnostic Fault Information

Circuit/System Description

Voltage for the courtesy lamps is supplied from body control module (BCM), driver door switch, and passenger door switch. When a door is opened, a signal is applied to the door module. The door module then applies a message on the low speed GMLAN serial data communication circuit to the BCM to activate the courtesy lamps. The BCM then applies voltage to the courtesy lamps voltage supply circuit and the components on that circuit.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The ignition is ON, the BCM, driver door switch, and passenger door switch attempt to illuminate the courtesy lamps.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The BCM, driver door lock and side window switch, or passenger door lock and side window switch detects a short to ground, short to voltage, or open on the courtesy lamp voltage supply circuit.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The BCM, driver door lock and side window switch, and passenger door lock and side window switch cease attempts to illuminate the courtesy lamps.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

The conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
A history DTC clears after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles.

Circuit/System Verification

Ignition ON, activate the Courtesy Lamps output control with the scan tool. The interior courtesy lamps should illuminate.

Circuit/System Testing

Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at an affected lamp bulb.
Test for less than 1 ohm of resistance between the ground circuit terminal and ground.

If greater than the specified range, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.

Connect a test lamp between the control circuit terminal and the ground circuit terminal.
Ignition ON, command the Courtesy Lamps output control on and off with the scan tool. The test lamp should turn on and off.

If the test lamp is always ON, test the control circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.
If the test lamp is always OFF, test the control circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.

If all circuits test normal, test or replace the bulb.