Auto lock will not unlock even after hitting brakes.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I'm one of the guys that hasn't sent back a "broken" box:(

For the record I plugged in the new 6 speed box without changing anything else & it worked perfect. The customer said the lock box was the best thing we ever did to his truck. He loves to hit auto & not worry about it. Can't really get that anywhere else:D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
James, kind of like how you still have 2 of my boxes that you never sent back? Then, I gave you a full refund, and here you are throwing me under the bus again. For all I know, you now have 2 free boxes that work fine...

If I had a nickle for every time someone demanded that I send a replacement box without them sending the "BROKEN" one back first, I wouldnt have to work anymore.

I cant even tell you how many times ive sent people replacement boxes because they swear up and down that everything is installed properly, wired up correctly, etc. I send them a new box and never hear anything back. Then finally months later Ill get a random box back in the mail. I plug it in my truck and wouldnt you know it, the damn thing works just fine 9 out of 10 times.

Its amazing how many HOURS and hours Ive spent on the phone with people who cant even follow simple instructions. I spend 3 hours on the phone with people who cant get the thing to work, only to find out after the 3 hour conversation, that they tapped the BLUE wire into the YELLOW wire at the accelerator pedal (not only do I tell you which wire to tap into, I even make my wiring harnesses color coded with the factory colors!!!)

And then everyone complains that I never answer the phone.....because the line is tied up with tech support questions for hours at a time.

ya know, i never said a word about our issues. i kept it pretty damn quite and let you try to figure your issues out. Plain and simple, you fell off the bandwagon again with taking care of these guys. thats all i stated. you wanna bring up old dirt, thats fine too. Lets give the whole story ;)

No the lock up box is gone, i threw it out a couple months back while i was cleaning up my garage because the auto feature does not work and never did. we went round and round on that. First it took almost a month to get it when you kept telling me "im shipping it the next day". Then i get it finally, hook it up and as soon as the throttle is pushed with the "auto" button is pushed, the TC locks as soon as second gear hits till it times the box out and i loose reverse. we go back and forth for a day and i do more testing a couple days later. i email, get nothing back. email again the next day, get nothing back. email AGAIN the next day and finally get a response with next to no info about the diag i supported you with, just a "sounds like the box is bad, ill send another". get it here and it says "6 speed" on the sticker but the writing on the back looks like v5.x for qa 5 speed. plug it in and still acts the same. the next morning im leaving for Albuquerque and on the way, the box start unlocking my converter for a while, then locking it back in. i call, i email (from my computer), i text, i do what ever i can to figure out why in the world this thing is acting up and if its going to destroy my TCM while im 7 hours from home with brians truck on the back. First thing in the morning i check my email before we get on the road and see nothing still. At some point that morning on my drive home i get an email after im already headed back out of town and damn glad i still had the old box so i could plug it back in and not have the converter unlocking. Monday morning i send you an email again explaining exactly what its doing and the code it threw on me from that box causing the TC to unlock and i include pics of the harness. two days later i send another email asking whats going on. two days after that i ask for an address for me to send this thing back to you cause you seem to be in two different places and i have two different address from you. one in CT and the other in WY. i get an email about which address to send to the next day after this and i send the box back the same day. three days later you get it and find a loose connection and say you fixed it and it will be shipped back. a box finally shows up. I plug it in, TC issue is no longer there but my auto mode still does not work as its suppose to and for the 400+ bucks ive spent, money ive spent sending the box and my time involved with this thing that does not work as described with all joints soldered and connected EXACTLY as you told me in the instruction and in emails, it still does not work.

Now since at this point you had "gotten back on the bandwagon" of taking care of customers again when i originally bought it on May 18th to the point when i finally got the last box back, i still had no auto feature, it was never address or fix. all i kept being told was "it works fine in my truck" but your truck is not an 02 and that it HAS to be my wiring yet i took pics, i had brian and steve verify my wiring and everything was as it should have been. Se being that i was tired of the game of trying to fix a product that should have worked from the get go, i called paypal and filed a claim cause i was just over the 45 days and was not about to have you string me out on payment back after reading everyones issues with you on here prior. Sorry but im looking out for me at this point. you then email me asking if that lastest box fixed everything. i tell you no and elaborate my frustration to you in a direct, professional mannor AND i also tell you, as soon as you send me a UPS account number or shipping label, i would be happy to send the box and everything else back to you but i would not be paying shipping, paypal agreed and i never heard a word back from you.

You cant make everyone happy and sorry i felt spending almost 500 bucks on an electronic box that never worked for my intended purpose after spending a month and half going back and forth with you was not cause for me to feel frustrated and file a claim in which you never did reply to me. Best of luck to you ben, ive not once public dragged you name through the dirt nor had anything derogatory to say. You as a person are great with the convos we had on FB with brian and all them, it was fun but business wise, i can not do business with you. i hope you get things figured out :thumb:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
ya know, i never said a word about our issues. i kept it pretty damn quite and let you try to figure your issues out. Plain and simple, you fell off the bandwagon again with taking care of these guys. thats all i stated. you wanna bring up old dirt, thats fine too. Lets give the whole story ;)

No the lock up box is gone, i threw it out a couple months back while i was cleaning up my garage because the auto feature does not work and never did. we went round and round on that. First it took almost a month to get it when you kept telling me "im shipping it the next day". Then i get it finally, hook it up and as soon as the throttle is pushed with the "auto" button is pushed, the TC locks as soon as second gear hits till it times the box out and i loose reverse. we go back and forth for a day and i do more testing a couple days later. i email, get nothing back. email again the next day, get nothing back. email AGAIN the next day and finally get a response with next to no info about the diag i supported you with, just a "sounds like the box is bad, ill send another". get it here and it says "6 speed" on the sticker but the writing on the back looks like v5.x for qa 5 speed. plug it in and still acts the same. the next morning im leaving for Albuquerque and on the way, the box start unlocking my converter for a while, then locking it back in. i call, i email (from my computer), i text, i do what ever i can to figure out why in the world this thing is acting up and if its going to destroy my TCM while im 7 hours from home with brians truck on the back. First thing in the morning i check my email before we get on the road and see nothing still. At some point that morning on my drive home i get an email after im already headed back out of town and damn glad i still had the old box so i could plug it back in and not have the converter unlocking. Monday morning i send you an email again explaining exactly what its doing and the code it threw on me from that box causing the TC to unlock and i include pics of the harness. two days later i send another email asking whats going on. two days after that i ask for an address for me to send this thing back to you cause you seem to be in two different places and i have two different address from you. one in CT and the other in WY. i get an email about which address to send to the next day after this and i send the box back the same day. three days later you get it and find a loose connection and say you fixed it and it will be shipped back. a box finally shows up. I plug it in, TC issue is no longer there but my auto mode still does not work as its suppose to and for the 400+ bucks ive spent, money ive spent sending the box and my time involved with this thing that does not work as described with all joints soldered and connected EXACTLY as you told me in the instruction and in emails, it still does not work.

Now since at this point you had "gotten back on the bandwagon" of taking care of customers again when i originally bought it on May 18th to the point when i finally got the last box back, i still had no auto feature, it was never address or fix. all i kept being told was "it works fine in my truck" but your truck is not an 02 and that it HAS to be my wiring yet i took pics, i had brian and steve verify my wiring and everything was as it should have been. Se being that i was tired of the game of trying to fix a product that should have worked from the get go, i called paypal and filed a claim cause i was just over the 45 days and was not about to have you string me out on payment back after reading everyones issues with you on here prior. Sorry but im looking out for me at this point. you then email me asking if that lastest box fixed everything. i tell you no and elaborate my frustration to you in a direct, professional mannor AND i also tell you, as soon as you send me a UPS account number or shipping label, i would be happy to send the box and everything else back to you but i would not be paying shipping, paypal agreed and i never heard a word back from you.

You cant make everyone happy and sorry i felt spending almost 500 bucks on an electronic box that never worked for my intended purpose after spending a month and half going back and forth with you was not cause for me to feel frustrated and file a claim in which you never did reply to me. Best of luck to you ben, ive not once public dragged you name through the dirt nor had anything derogatory to say. You as a person are great with the convos we had on FB with brian and all them, it was fun but business wise, i can not do business with you. i hope you get things figured out :thumb:

What happened to the one I sent Brian to test at no cost?? :confused:

I sent you my UPS account number at one point...Ill have to dig through emails to find it though.

I thoroughly enjoy talking about these trucks and being friendly to my customers, so more often than not, a 5 minute question turns into an hour long phone convo. When it takes 12+ hours to build each standalone harness, an hour to assemble/package most orders, its easy to see how full the day is for me! Plus add in website maintenance, inventory building, phone calls, emails...and then new product R&D. Stuff always takes 10x as long as you would think it takes when it is arbitrary/customized/specialized work like this.

I try to answer the phone as much as I can, but its always best to email me first. 90% of the people who call, never leave a voicemail, and never try sending an email.

Ben

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I was told you were going to send me another box for my GMC, total of 2 boxes, I only got one (Kesha edition) and never a second box. Was tired of waiting so I ripped your box out of the truck and threw it in the trash. Shit didn't work. I just got a fleece box yesterday for my single cab and pray that box works as advertised.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What happened to the one I sent Brian to test at no cost?? :confused:

I sent you my UPS account number at one point...Ill have to dig through emails to find it though.

I thoroughly enjoy talking about these trucks and being friendly to my customers, so more often than not, a 5 minute question turns into an hour long phone convo. When it takes 12+ hours to build each standalone harness, an hour to assemble/package most orders, its easy to see how full the day is for me! Plus add in website maintenance, inventory building, phone calls, emails...and then new product R&D. Stuff always takes 10x as long as you would think it takes when it is arbitrary/customized/specialized work like this.

I try to answer the phone as much as I can, but its always best to email me first. 90% of the people who call, never leave a voicemail, and never try sending an email.

Ben

Uh, im not sure. id ask him

If you would have sent it and i actually got it, you would have the boxes in hand. i have all our old emails from back then. like i stated, i never heard a thing back after i told you my frustration and why i filed the claim. Nothing in spam, nothing in my two email address i gave you and nothing in text. I had no use for it as it wouldnt work and it was sitting in a box ready to go. Now its somewhere in city of glendales dump. I dont care for calling. i followed the "email me for the quickest response" route you had told us all to do back in last april/march. in the time of needed help quick, it was a call from me and brian (with voice mail from me), email, and text.

Ben, i understand your business side of these things and while its easy for anyone here to "tell" you how to do it better, the only one that can do anything about it is you. the unfortunate thing is that me, as the customer, can only accept your issues and prolonged responses for so long before i myself have to make a decision on how to handle this, specially when its a matter of how i might get my money back and paypal (my safety net in this picture) only allows for 45 days. The sad part is it can destroy a relationship in the process.

That was then and this is now, im not here to point fingers and ill keep further comments about your customer service to myself. that i apologize for but Ben, i really do and hope you are keeping up with those that need the help and are having so many issues.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I was told you were going to send me another box for my GMC, total of 2 boxes, I only got one (Kesha edition) and never a second box. Was tired of waiting so I ripped your box out of the truck and threw it in the trash. Shit didn't work. I just got a fleece box yesterday for my single cab and pray that box works as advertised.

Yes but remember, the first box didnt work because you thought the junction block in the drivers side foot well was the BCM and you tapped into random wires there! :p ;)

Its been a while, but I could have sworn I remembered you sending me videos of it working well?

The Fleece box will work fine. It is much less complicated and much less "smart" than mine, so it is simpler to install/use but obviously there is no automatic mode, and no safety overrides for street use...just be extremely careful when using it on the street.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Yes I wired it incorrectly initially. James corrected it for me, still never worked right. I'm not too worried about the fleece box, it's only 180$. I like the simplicity of it, bypass and lock, KISS.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
James, kind of like how you still have 2 of my boxes that you never sent back? Then, I gave you a full refund, and here you are throwing me under the bus again. For all I know, you now have 2 free boxes that work fine...

If I had a nickle for every time someone demanded that I send a replacement box without them sending the "BROKEN" one back first, I wouldnt have to work anymore.

I cant even tell you how many times ive sent people replacement boxes because they swear up and down that everything is installed properly, wired up correctly, etc. I send them a new box and never hear anything back. Then finally months later Ill get a random box back in the mail. I plug it in my truck and wouldnt you know it, the damn thing works just fine 9 out of 10 times.

Its amazing how many HOURS and hours Ive spent on the phone with people who cant even follow simple instructions. I spend 3 hours on the phone with people who cant get the thing to work, only to find out after the 3 hour conversation, that they tapped the BLUE wire into the YELLOW wire at the accelerator pedal (not only do I tell you which wire to tap into, I even make my wiring harnesses color coded with the factory colors!!!)

And then everyone complains that I never answer the phone.....because the line is tied up with tech support questions for hours at a time.

I dont know why but im going to give you some valuable business advise. Here it is....

Your obviously a smart guy and seem to care about the product you sell. My advise is hire some help and stop blaming your problems on your customers. Are you seriously talking shit on those who pay your bills? I sure hope your not that egotistical....

If you know how to do it right employees dont cost you money they make it for you. Every thread like this is costing you customers, the easy solution is ALWAYS have someone there to answer the phone...

Last edited:

Bigcat350

Caution May Blow Smoke
Feb 19, 2012
KY
I did have to read the installation instruction before I installed it, but mine works perfect in all modes.