Attention Ben: Need help

Ronisonce

Jun 30, 2015
I installed the new "up to date box" and I am limping my transmission again. I redid all the wiring so I have no idea what it is. My friend is going to pull the TCM codes from it tomorrow. 2 different boxes, same results..

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
Send Ben a PM then post what you figure out if it would be helpful to others just a better way of doing things... I hreadhread s like to his have a habit of going to hell in a hand basket...:thumb:

Ronisonce

Jun 30, 2015
I've called him both on his business and cell number as well as left emails. This is over a 2 week span.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Send Ben a PM then post what you figure out if it would be helpful to others just a better way of doing things... I hreadhread s like to his have a habit of going to hell in a hand basket...:thumb:
You know if businesses would take a little time for customer service especially when it keeps a vehicle from operating these threads wouldn't even exist.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I've called him both on his business and cell number as well as left emails. This is over a 2 week span.

I didn't realize you had put in the effort not trying to down grade you in any manner it just seems that in many of these threads the op has put little to no effort into a resolution and in some the op has even said he or she made the error causing the problem and still it seems there is often an bandwagon that starts...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ronny Im sorry I missed this...I was picking up a truck in Ohio so Ive been on the road the past couple days.

Send me an email with the updated codes and Ill get it fixed right away.

Thanks
Ben

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
The P0742 is due to playing around with the force lock mode at low speed and low throttle %. This is normal and will be set by any lockup controller...it is explained in the instructions to not constantly fiddle with it at lower speeds and RPM's, otherwise it could set a P0742.

The P0658 points to a wiring/install issue... where do you have power and ground hooked up?

Ben

Ronisonce

Jun 30, 2015
Sent you an email with my phone number, you can text me if you'd like.. I installed every wire with weatherproof butt connectors...Unless I am missing something I see 7 connections that need to be made. 5 at the TCM and 2 in cab, 1 on brake 1 on gas. You said where is your power and ground, I am assuming that is coming from 1 of those 7 connections ?

Ronisonce

Jun 30, 2015
Truck is all fixed. Ben is awesome, he came out and helped diagnose and fix the problem. Thank you so much Ben!

Ronisonce

Jun 30, 2015
We determined that my batteries prolly need to be replaced. The power wire that the box hooks into draws a little power on startup and the tcm sees lower voltage sometimes when the box pulls. We hooked into a constant ignition 12v and it is perfect.