AR15 Trigger Recommendations

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I am in process of building a new AR15 and am looking for recommendations on triggers. I'm looking currently at an ATC AR Gold, Elftman Match with their threaded securement system, or Trigger Tech adjustable.

My AR10 has a Geissele SSA and I've shot a Geissele S3G and I do not like them as much as a friends AR Gold.

Build is:
1) Aero Precision M4E1 receiver set
2) Criterion stainless/nitride 16" mid length gas 1:8 barrel
3) Lantac enhanced BCG in NiB
4) Fortis handguard
5) JP silent buffer
6) Adjustable gas block
7) Muzzle device is TBD
8) Trigger TBD
9) Optic is going to be something in the 1-8 range, leaning toward a Trijicon RS27/NightForce NX8 or similar

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm not familiar with any of the fancy ones. I just do a polish job on the standard trigger and take up the slack with a set screw in the handle mount hole. Always worked great for me

Reactions: Bdsankey

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you're looking for a nice, affordable single stage, I've used Velocity brand triggers in all my ARs, and I've been very happy with them. They have very little to no creep and break very cleanly with a nice reset. I found out about them a few years ago when reading a review of many different AR drop in triggers, and they performed very well. Here's the article with lots of graphs an engineer like you will appreciate https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
If you're looking for a nice, affordable single stage, I've used Velocity brand triggers in all my ARs, and I've been very happy with them. They have very little to no creep and break very cleanly with a nice reset. I found out about them a few years ago when reading a review of many different AR drop in triggers, and they performed very well. Here's the article with lots of graphs an engineer like you will appreciate https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/

Thanks for the heads up! It has me really leaning towards the Elf Match with their screw system vs the trigger pins. I'd rather insert 4x screws through the receiver into the trigger housing and not worry about pins etc. They still have set screws for receiver tension.

It also has me really looking into the Trigger Tech and Velocity you mentioned. Being mainly a sporting rifle I am less worried about long takeup but the lack of a half-cocked catch on the Velocity is something to consider on my end.

Reactions: JoshH