AR-15 steel core ammo

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
Any of you guys know what's going on with bam bams executive order on steel core A.R.ammo,5.56/.223? What's next? .308? 7.62x39? Crazy stuff.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Here's some good reading on the subject. The Cliff notes is that the M855 ammo does not meet ANY of the four objective criteria set forth by Congress some time back that defines ammo as 'armor piercing'. With the right lawsuit and challenge, this could/should get tossed out on its ear....

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Pretty soon it will ALL be banned. That's just a foot in the door. Trust me....

No way, don't believe that at all.

The ban supposedly starting on m855 ball ammo by the atf is because they say it's "armor piercing" yes this ammo and other steel core ammo has better penetraiting qualities.

LittleInfo
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...mmunition-the-real-issue-and-the-real-answer/

Any hollow point projectile can be made to shoot through almost anything, just snap off a piece of tungsten welding rod in there and it will travel through almost anything. "From what I've heard"

I feel that this is another scare just like the supposed assault weapons ban back in 2012.

Last edited:

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Here's some good reading on the subject. The Cliff notes is that the M855 ammo does not meet ANY of the four objective criteria set forth by Congress some time back that defines ammo as 'armor piercing'. With the right lawsuit and challenge, this could/should get tossed out on its ear....

FACT I read this as well.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
this is most likely a bunch of bs just to sell a surplus of this ammo because so many people don't buy it anymore and they refuse to pay the ridiculous price they want now.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Reloading is the way to go just so much easier to buy :D

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk