Anyone to read my balance rates in montreal ?

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Hi guys,

I've been toying and trying and trying to get the torque app to spit out my injector rates but 3 adapters later still at case 1.

I could buy a tuner, but Id rather use the money to fix the truck.

Can anyone do a quick balance rate test on my truck?

Bottle test is done and passed (shimmed) , ALL rubber fuel lines have been replaced.

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
all the symptoms of bad injectors, including p1093 limp. So unable to maintain fuel pressure under load. No other codes. Long to start, 3-4 seconds of cranking. White residue in number 3 and 5 cylinders indicating leaky injectors. Black smoke then limp. Noisy until warmed up pass 80C

p1093 from high return rate is my guess, other symptom from bad nozzle and accumulated wear.

When truck doesnt go in limp it will pull hard for a while with black smoke until fuel pressure finaly drops.

Im unable to get the balance rates with innexpensive options like torque pro, maybe bad adapters. But after 3 bad adapters, Im not willing to fork out 130$ for a OBDLink LX which may or may not work. Yeah, 3 times the price on amazon.ca vs amazon.com because greedy sellers

Minnesota DMAX

Jan 11, 2015
Does your obd connector connect to your trucks ecu if so you need to change a settings in the torque app in order for the injector pids to show up in the menu.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Does your obd connector connect to your trucks ecu if so you need to change a settings in the torque app in order for the injector pids to show up in the menu.

it connects, I did add the ATZ custom init and they still dont show up. I think it's the adapters that are too cheap and inconsistant. Some work some dont.

I can only get the basic infos which I can already have with my actron scanner.

Minnesota DMAX

Jan 11, 2015
it connects, I did add the ATZ custom init and they still dont show up. I think it's the adapters that are too cheap and inconsistant. Some work some dont.

I can only get the basic infos which I can already have with my actron scanner.
Connect it. Go into the torque app,

1.realtime info
2.click setting icon
3. Add display
4. Scroll to digital display
5. Scroll down to balance rates and add it to the app screen.
You need to do it for all 8 cylinders

I struggled with mine at first to i went through 3 adapters finally bought a $25 one and did all the settings and it works now. See if it works for you unless you've done so.

Minnesota DMAX

Jan 11, 2015
It says BAFAX PRODUCTS on it. I think amazon. Could have been ebay too I don't remember. I tried 3 different ones before this one finally connected to my ecu

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Seems easier on the lb7 from what ive seen. Duramaxdiesel hasn't responded to my pm yet so I just bought that adapter and I really hope it works this time.

Minnesota DMAX

Jan 11, 2015
Ya I hope it works out for ya I like being able to see them. Wish I just had a cts2 monitor though.

Veikra

Dec 19, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Duramaxdiesel and I tried to extract the balance rates and it didnt work with the cts2. They show all 0.0 .
He did pull 2 new codes ive never seen before though, p0016 and another egr p0405 but im deleted so it goes with the other 3 EGR codes.

No clue why it won't show balance rates, even if it was tuned (I don't know if original owner tuned it)