Anybody have any 1/2 mile info?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Yes I have my truck set up to go fast without issue and it's smooth as glass! Last pass was 159.80mph and I let out early! Next pass is hopefully 160+mph! Wish me luck!:hug:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Ended the day with 4 passes between 153-159.80mph and nothing wrong with my truck so I am beyond happy about today!!! Was an absolute blast to say the least! I'll work on the setup for this and I'll definitely be doing it again and hopefully get my goal of 175mph in the 1/2mile then maybe go do the mile race somewhere! :thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
The setup for this race was my built motor with stock heads and socal valve springs. ExergyPerformance 250%inj and a single 14mm cp3 fed by Fass260. I have a DP 72mmStg2R VGT in the valley without a wastegate and it is fed by a pair StainlessDiesel Diesel 5-blade S472/87mm 1.0SS V-Band housings and we built the triple kit in house. Setup was making 125psi boost and 150psi drive. Egts hit 1600 degrees by the end of the run with intake temps in the mid 200's. Other than blowing a boot off on my second pass when I grabbed 6th gr I had no issues at all the entire day! Impressed a ton of gas people at the event! It would have been faster if I could have gotten traction out of the hole but I learned a ton today and look forward to the next time!
I also had Clayton Hawkins come and race his CCSB LLY since we sponsored the event and he's big into the street race and goes to the big Texas event. He has our built motor and trany and rocks a Wherli triple kit featuring my 72mmStg2R VGT with a pair of S369's feeding it. His first pass was on tune 3 and ran 145mph but blew a viabrant clamp apart on the next pass and ended his day unfortunately. It was impressive for the weight and power also! I think we did a great job representing the DMax's today!:happy2:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
The Allison will start putting a big load on the engine in 6th gear. The O/D planet will start spinning very fast. Allison worries about any RPM above 5K. That's when the planet might explode at 6K. The RPM speeds I have indicated are planet gear speeds and not engine rpm speeds.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana

Attachments

• WannagoFast.jpg
    WannagoFast.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
That's awesome Mark I'm glad he only had issues with traction.

Did you run any ballast? Didn't Pat use 1k lbs or so of water for weight and cooling when he was doing Land Speed stuff? With that lly doing 145 with less power it sounds like you could add some weight to over come your traction issues.

I've never paid much attention to the intake air temperature on my truck but 200° sounds awfully hot. How do you get that in check an Ice box? Spray some CO2 to cool the intercooler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
That's awesome Mark I'm glad he only had issues with traction.

Did you run any ballast? Didn't Pat use 1k lbs or so of water for weight and cooling when he was doing Land Speed stuff? With that lly doing 145 with less power it sounds like you could add some weight to over come your traction issues.

I've never paid much attention to the intake air temperature on my truck but 200° sounds awfully hot. How do you get that in check an Ice box? Spray some CO2 to cool the intercooler?

Yes, in hind sight I would have been better off with some more rear weight added to it but I now know what I will want to do for next time. Intake temps were actually really good considering the air coming out of the vgt is around 650* so it dropped 400* with just the normal Banks Intercooler setup. Bigger piping will help this out some also. I could have sprayed a 50hp shot of spray into the atmosphere turbos and that would have definitely help with the temps and given me even more hp.

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry I missed this. Don't get on much anymore. Looking to do some mile stuff now. What tires are you using Mark? All the rules I have read state tire must match original weight rating of vehicle and be rated for fatster than you go. I ran 305/50/20 proxes st1's that are v rated. 149 is not enough for the mile. I plan on 180 plus in the mile. Anyone know what dura max tuner ran for tires?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Sorry I missed this. Don't get on much anymore. Looking to do some mile stuff now. What tires are you using Mark? All the rules I have read state tire must match original weight rating of vehicle and be rated for fatster than you go. I ran 305/50/20 proxes st1's that are v rated. 149 is not enough for the mile. I plan on 180 plus in the mile. Anyone know what dura max tuner ran for tires?

Hey Verlon, how are you pal? Yes, DuramaxTuner used the same 305/50R20 Kumho Ecsta STX's they I have ran for years so no they don't meet the speed ratings but I am almost 100% sure that there isn't a tire available that is this size and rated for our trucks unfortunately. I shorted myself last time as I ran a shorter set of Nitto's on my truck instead of buying a new set of tires for my 1/2mile race. My plan last season was to see how close to the mile record I could get in the 1/2mile in the truck as I drove it everyday so I would know how to go about possibly beating it in the half mile. I was 12mph short of it so now I know what I need to do to get the job done this season. My goal now is 175mph in the half then head to a mile and see what it can do! If things work out hopefully we can meet up at one of these races and run!:thumb:

Vsouth

Oct 6, 2008
I really want to get back into the mile and 1/2 mile stuff. It is a lot of fun. Was going to hit the colorado mile, but it conflicts with the Alligator event this year. I will be making it a point to go to a couple of these next year.