Anybody do Duramax work in Northern Colorado?

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Lookin for someone (preferably on the forum) to meet up with and have them check out my truck. I really don't know EVERYTHING done to it and am still very much in the learning stages. Looking for a reputable diesel shop as well. Sometimes when I go WOT and I hit 3000 RPMs the truck will lurch real bad and drop RPMs and slow way down. Hoping it isnt something with the trans. Other than that it runs great. Im just looking or some ideas on what I could do cosmetically as well as with lifts and tires etc.

Being new in the state im hoping to meet some like minded individuals.

-Chris

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Since my banks iq that came with the truck took a crap, I might as well go EFI. what does he normally charge for one? Id like to get alot of power but not at the sacrifice or reliability and a healthy trans. I really want to build the trans. I think my priorities right now are: lift and bigger tires, trans, power.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
PM Chevyburnout1 he is a former GM/Duramax tech and loves side work. He currently works at a private medium/light duty diesel repair shop. Great guy and very good mechanic

He is in the Berthoud/Ft Collins/Loveland area

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
cool thanks guys! i just PMd him about shooting earlier. lets hope he sees this thread too. im just having alot of trouble deciding on lift height and wheel stuff. i learn better by having someone say "look here", "see this," etc. Ive been searching but im getting a damn headache! plus, i love seeing other peoples trucks

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
cool thanks guys! i just PMd him about shooting earlier. lets hope he sees this thread too. im just having alot of trouble deciding on lift height and wheel stuff. i learn better by having someone say "look here", "see this," etc. Ive been searching but im getting a damn headache! plus, i love seeing other peoples trucks

Ill shoot him a text about this thread

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
I could gladly help you out Chris! Like mentioned above I work in Loveland at Engle Automotive right off 34. I couldn't tell you much about their pricing but I can tell you its an amazing shop! Not to mention the loaded mustang dyno in the back haha. I definitely do a lot of side work as well but have been super backed up lately. Trying to finish a $5000 job up that has taken too long, not to mention I have my truck to hopefully button up as well. Been so busy I don't get on here near as much as I used to. I got your number so I'll shoot ya a text!