Any GM discounts??

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Anybody got any GM discounts I can use to buy a new truck?? They used to have a friends and family deal but not sure anymore.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
They have Supplier discounts. Various places I worked were eligible for that.

Been a while but I remember having to go to a specific link to register and get a discount code. Last time I looked it was like $4500-$5000 off list MSRP

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Also Just had a thought. Some insurance companies like AAA have a buyer service's for New Vehicles. You get a discount for being a member. Some but not all other Car insurance companies offer this.

If your a member of I believe Walmart, They have a similar discount program for new vehicles.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I think you're looking at the wrong discount. I talked to the dealer yesterday and he said it is still called the "Friends & Family" discount but it is only about 1/2 of what the employee discount is. Thanks for checking though.

This is what he sent me;

Friends and Family discount is one that GM offers its employees to give to their friends and family. It will save you a couple thousand dollars. Check with your friend and get the authorization number-then that will tell me what level the discount is.

Last edited:

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I think you're looking at the wrong discount. I talked to the dealer yesterday and he said it is still called the "Friends & Family" discount but it is only about 1/2 of what the employee discount is. Thanks for checking though.

In order for me to pass along a friends and family I must first purchase/lease a vehicle myself.

1591364504911.png