Amp tires

Wildmanben

May 19, 2017
Vancouver Canada
Anybody have a review of extended use with we amp terrain gripper or the amp terrain pro A-T?

Looking at reviews o it seems people love them or get a set of bad tires that don't balance and wobble. Seems very inconsistent. Who's tried them?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

kubitza123

Sep 19, 2016
Texas
I haven't used the AT but my 35-12.50x20 MT are at 30k and should make 40 before they need replacement.

I'm sure I'll buy them again since I can get them for $220ea out the door or the AT I can get for $180ea.

Wildmanben

May 19, 2017
Vancouver Canada
Been running them now for maybe 4000 miles, they really balanced like shit so much vibration and wobble. I put some balancing beads in the tires as opposed to the normal lead weights on the rim, and that actually helped a lot. Great tires off road and in snow e excellent traction. But highway not so good

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

HWI

Feb 7, 2016
FL
I am running the Terrain Pro. Came from KO2s, these are a good bit cheaper, run just as good in the dirt and light mud, and look like they are going to last way longer. No problems with balancing for me.

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
Just trying to get my 1st post..

More productive than i was today, with this friggin weather.....lol

buddy of mine ran the amp tires after buying a 6osht that had worn 37s on it. They done great for him,no problem balancing either. tires will probably outlast the truck

Duramax710

Jun 8, 2015
The amp terrain grippers look a little bit more aggressive then the at pro and only carry a 45k mile warranty. They did have a couple bad batches of tires from a bad mold in the last year.

The at pro is an excelllent tire for the money. No balancing issues at all and have a 60k mike warranty. It looks identical to a bfg ko2.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I might give the m/t’s a try in a 275/65r20 on stock wheels. Still running the factory pensioners for summers and two tires have plugs in them now so not sure if I trust them off pavement at all anymore. I’d try the a/t but they don’t have as high of a load rating as the m/t.