Always ‘save as’...

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I’ve been driving around on the first time I wrote by myself for a couple months. I decided to do some tweaks. It was really flat in the mid range areas and was making way too much boost down low. So I changed my timing tables, pulse tables, boost and vane tables. Oh yeah I went to town. Loaded the tune and ran like crap. Stumbling and loping like crazy. No acceleration what so ever. Most people would just put the old tune back in, but not me. I saved instead of save as and can not find where I screwed up lol. So I get to write another tune 😀. Let this be a PSA to always always save as! Thanks for listening.

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Ouch, never had that happen with a tune but I’ve definitely done it before with other software. Sometimes it can work out better because the second time around it just makes you better at it and little tweaks make it better. Hopefully that’s the case here.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I know one thing’s for sure, I’m going to script all the tedious crap finally haha.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Depending on the windows version and settings, you may be able to see the previously saved file even though you didn't "save as" by reviewing the file history and restoring the one just prior to the save

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I’ll look into that thanks. After sleeping on it I think the problem is in the timing tables. Also when I redid timing table B, I didn’t change the rest of them. I’ll plug away at it some more today and see.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I’ve deleted and saved over shit before. It sucks.