Alternator lead?

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
On my 2008 LMM I cannot find a lead on the engine harness that fits the alternator (2 pin) is there a short pigtail that plugs into the harness?

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I cannot find this pigtail, anyone have a source for these?
Actually I cannot find the connector on my harness, according to the manual I have there should only be two wires going to it, a brown and a grey, if I could find it I can simply cut it off and wire directly to an aftermarket pigtail which I have, looks like it was only there in case someone purchased the dual alternator setup, I plan on having two alternators but the second I am going to try and convert to 24V for the dual voltage system on my HMMWV so there would be no connection to the ECM

UPDATE, I think I found it, it is just a 2 pin connector that is actually smaller than the alt. plug, has one brown and what looks like a cream/yellow wire, What is not helpful is the schematic shows the connection to the X2 connector at the ECM, not the harness connector where I can trace it out, this is REAL frustrating, looking at the pin-outs (connector views) of X107 and X108 I can find no reference to alternator, probably some stupid acronym that only makes sense to them.....Found connector view of X2 pin 8 is the voltage sense (circuit 25) and pin and pin 38 is the gen. exciter (circuit 23)
BUT when you look at X107 and X108 there is NO such circuit numbers WTF this is freaking crazy screwed up!

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
My connector pre pigtail has a light grey and brown wire. Comes out of the harness just above the alternator

Reactions: Mogman

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I'm 99% certain that the alternator connector wires do not run through the engine bale connectors. They're run through a separate loom that carries the A/C compressor and sensor wiring, MAF sensor wiring, coolant level sensor wiring, and some emissions system wiring.

Reactions: Mogman

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I'm 99% certain that the alternator connector wires do not run through the engine bale connectors. They're run through a separate loom that carries the A/C compressor and sensor wiring, MAF sensor wiring, coolant level sensor wiring, and some emissions system wiring.
Well that would explain allot!