Allison to zf6 swap using complete parts truck. In cab wiring question

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
Hey guys i fell asleep driving home in December and messed up the truck in my signature.it is tore all the way down to bare cab and frame. I bought another 2002 with an lb7/allison and it is getting the drivetrain removed now in preparation for the 500hp/zf6 setup.

The swap is straight forward as far as i can see but if i can leave the dash and its wiring in the new truck it would save quite a bit of work. I don't want to cobble or jumper anything either. Factory install.

So first off I'm thinking manual steering column,pedals,clutch safety switch wiring plugged into the block the tow controller uses? Do i need to swap the modules mounted under the column inside the dash?

I'm trying to get this done without the 400$ stack of books so i thought you guys could start me off in the right direction. Thanks!

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
Sorry i could be a little clearer.both trucks are LS trim level with the same gadgets inside. I'm wondering if the column and clutch wiring will work plugged into the auto dash harness. Manual Inst cluster work?

I'm just not looking forward to fishing the dash harness out or swapping dashes.

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
So i wound up pulling the dash from the truck anyway.theres a bracket for the clutch pedal bracket i had to weld onto the allison cab. Its left of the upper brake pedal mount and identical to the one the brake pedal uses.

I swapped the whole dash harness out so that solves the wiring issue.

Funny thing happened. I spent an hour looking for a transfer case control module to go with the donor harness until i googled what it is and realized manual transfercases don't need one!

rickcdewitt

Jun 6, 2017
State of jefferson
So it all works great. Only problems were from a bad wire at the fuel sender and forgetting the fuse that powers the obd2 port.

On a side note the manual (and built trans tunes)works the motor mounts a lot harder to where the shifter moved all over under accel/decel and the power application was jerky coming on and off the throttle.

Some merchant auto motor mounts make it super smooth. Overkill powerwise but no more old farm truck lurching with the zf6

715Hunter

Jul 28, 2022
Missouri
Reviving an old thread, but I have a specific question for you. Where is the fuse that powers the OBD2? Mine has no power but I can't find a bad fuse.