Allison Stand-A-Lone

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
GM actually uses the secondary shift schedule for 4LOW, so the pins that get triggered for 4 low are the ones that trigger teh secondary shift schedule in a MD application. In the ALLISON DOC software in a MD OS, they can simply go in and select secondary shift schedule and activate it and input the shift schedule into the table. The GM OS's are locked down pretty tight after the ALLISON sale from GM back in 06, so those cal's are locked down according to there sales agreement with GM when they sold the ALLISON brand off.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
GM actually uses the secondary shift schedule for 4LOW, so the pins that get triggered for 4 low are the ones that trigger teh secondary shift schedule in a MD application. In the ALLISON DOC software in a MD OS, they can simply go in and select secondary shift schedule and activate it and input the shift schedule into the table. The GM OS's are locked down pretty tight after the ALLISON sale from GM back in 06, so those cal's are locked down according to there sales agreement with GM when they sold the ALLISON brand off.

Doesn't work that way. GM uses only one pin from the secondary schedule because the rest is locked down and not programed. You cannot use the secondary schedule on GM's.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Doesn't work that way. GM uses only one pin from the secondary schedule because the rest is locked down and not programed. You cannot use the secondary schedule on GM's.

I know, I was trying to say that GM used the normal secondary shift schedule pin to trigger 4 low instead of teh secondary shift schedule. Then they used teh class 2 J1850 data bus to trigger tow/haul mode which is actually in addition to the secondary shift schedule according to the logs I've done(my first TCM didn't work to trigger tow/haul mode but it would trigger the secondary shift schedule). There is actually 2 different internal switches per say that trigger with tow/haul mode in teh GM configuration. In a MD app though pion 10 I believe would be for your secondary shift schedule which is teh 4 low input in a GM truck.

MaxPF

JAFAWAM
Jan 12, 2011
Mesa, AZ
What he said ^^^

HEy Fermanator? I finally bench tested my Gen 4 controller as a stand alone today. It worked :woott: It properly read the throttle inputs I fed it and did its thing. No reason now why it won't work in the truck.... once I get a transmission that ISNT a basket case :( :baby:

2wpuller

old sckool
Mar 22, 2011
Washington,Mo
MaxPF " I just picked a 06 6sp. up this weekend from Smokeshowwould you be able to help me out.I'm putting it in a 1975 ford with a 6.0 Perkins diesel twined turboed for towing the 2wd mod pulling truck.i just sold the RTO6610 eaton.just getting lassy in my old age tired of shifting..Sent you a PM. thank you.

Dale