All wheel drive duramax

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
They are BFG all terrain TA's

I will never buy another set again for this truck the Yokohama's I had were way better

In my experience (3 sets) I have noticed a funny thing about the BFGs. When they look totally fine with at least 10K miles left on them, they turn into ice skates....:eek:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Anyone have a H1 Alpha those are AWD and have the Allison Duh

this is the only t-case that is fully AWD it has a mechanical open diff
NP 203 is the same were on 1/2-1ton trucks

the HMMWV ran a mag nesium case both behind the th400 and 4l80E

H1A run a New Venture Gear 242 tcase... part is a hummer dealer specific part number.. got it sumewere

one o fhte many ideas i have to convert my truck to 4wd/AWD

on the side note need to manully lock hte front diff actuator to keep the front fully engaged

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
as for the awd thing and street traction thing, Id much rather just have stabilitrak on my truck (like the 09+ dmax's) than awd.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
as for the awd thing and street traction thing, Id much rather just have stabilitrak on my truck (like the 09+ dmax's) than awd.

Stabilitrack is just a nanny to keep you from crashing

I shut it off everytime I get in the G8

I just want more traction I raced an Srt-4 the other day and I just spun I know I would have won if I could of got the power down.

My truck hates being in 4wd other than in a straight line. When I go to the track I wait till I'm staged to put it in 4wd. If I do it before I turn out I can feel it binding and it doesn't feel happy

Last edited:

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Stock? ? ? ?Or highly modified? . . . ? ??

Tune only Dmaxes are any where from 850-1150 or so. No problem making 1400 RWTQ with a Dmax.

Hard to beleive after all your work with gassers huh? Ive been there.:)

Last edited:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I don't know why, but I don't get the wheel spin on a rolling acceleration like some others do. I run traction bars and have 33 bfg at's. Maybe its my torque converter or the traction bars that keep it from doing it, but all I will get is a bit of spin on the shift 1-2 or 2-3 that is theoretically 525-550 hp( have not dynoed or run the track since the new turbo)

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Dads escalade is AWD and I think it is the dumbest thing ever, his MPG is awful, his handleing in slippery terrain is crap, and it's loud as hell inside at city speed. I guess I don't know what is so hard about reaching over and hitting 4Hi on the dash???

And I don't know to many people on here that have less than 1000ft lbs of tq in there truck??? 1051ft lbs here and I'm just a stock tranny'd puss

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Stock? ? ? ?Or highly modified? . . . ? ??

you can get 1200-ish ft lbs at the crank with just a tune only, completely stock engine.

Now put a bigger turbo on, injectors, dual CP3's etc on top of that. :)

I bet with a really good boosted 4wd launch (remember the allison has a pretty deep 1st gear ratio) you could break one of those cases stock or with a small tow tune. Its the torque at low rpm that breaks these things.

Last edited:

Zeake

Dec 2, 2009
you can get 1200-ish ft lbs at the crank with just a tune only, completely stock engine.

Now put a bigger turbo on, injectors, dual CP3's etc on top of that. :)

I bet with a really good boosted 4wd launch (remember the allison has a pretty deep 1st gear ratio) you could break one of those cases stock or with a small tow tune. Its the torque at low rpm that breaks these things.

1200 at the crank with tune only. . . . . .Really. .. . . How long will the allison hold that.? . . . . . .Not long I am betting. I knew there was a good reason I was looking at buying a Duramax. . . .Drove an 05 today. Told the dealer I only wanted heated seats and an 06 ccsb. I can't wait. :thumb:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
1200 at the crank with tune only. . . . . .Really. .. . . How long will the allison hold that.? . . . . . .Not long I am betting.

nope! Not long at all. :)

Once you build the transmission you are good to go.

You can run high 12's in a 7,000lb crew cab with a completely stock engine, tune only. Just build the trans, brace the front steering, put a lift pump on, cheap exhaust, and some gauges...

ben

Last edited:

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
I personally would like the AWD with the open transfer case differential. Primarily for towing. By the time the tires slip in 2WD it is too late to push the 4wd button and I hate going in and out of 4wd. Especially when the pavement is wet. I always seem to be lighting up the rear end when its wet towing or not.