Airdog 2 replacement motor

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
After about five years my airdog no longer works. I noticed the motor making a straining noise and figured the end was near and sure enough it's done. In doing my research I've seen that pure flow offers a replacement motor for around 200 bucks. I've sent them an email and tried calling numerous times with no response.

Is there anywhere else I can get the motor from? I would like to get one as soon as possible with the temps getting colder and illinois fuel being mostly garbage in the winter I figure my cp3 needs all the help it can get.

Thanks.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I don't think I sent the card in. This setup owes me nothing. I'll gladly pay for the new motor but I can't get a response on where to send my money.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I tried calling a dozen different times yesterday and couldn't even get to a voice mail. I'm not mad I just want to buy the part I need to fix my problem.

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
After a pm from a member here I got a good number and talked to a guy named Dan. He got me set up with a new motor and the newest 4g pump too. The new pump and motor bolt right onto the existing base and filters. It should ship today. I couldn't be happier. This is why I love the forums. Thanks again guys.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
After a pm from a member here I got a good number and talked to a guy named Dan. He got me set up with a new motor and the newest 4g pump too. The new pump and motor bolt right onto the existing base and filters. It should ship today. I couldn't be happier. This is why I love the forums. Thanks again guys.

Was it you that was asking if the 4G motor would fit on the some of the older housings.?

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
My new 4g motor and pump arrived today which was a nice surprise since I only ordered it on Tuesday. Yes the new motor is bigger than the old one. Everything I needed to install was included. Two o rings. Four new bolts. Check ball and the spacer for the fuel line of you wired in the other part.

It's really only the four main bolts that need to be taken out to loosen the whole assembly. You have to remove the water separator to get at them. It takes no time at all and is a perfect fit.

In conclusion airdog is a top notch company who provided an awesome solution to their older customers who like the system and just need an update.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
My pump started to sound bad & was blowing fuses, shaft seal let go & fuel got into the motor
I called about a month ago & they shipped me out a new motor for free

eriknjones

ENJones
Sep 29, 2018
El Paso
I know this is an old forum but I just replaced my Airdog with a new motor, however I cannot hear if the motor is working.
I remember hearing the old motor start running as soon as I turned the key on by that stopped over a year ago.
The new motor does not make any noise either and I cannot tell if it is even working.
I checked all the fuses and lines and no issues and fuel is being supplied to the lines.

Does anyone have any suggestions if this is normal not hearing the Airdog motor running?

Last edited:

hastings1330

Feb 21, 2024
Minnesota
I know this thread is super old, but my lift pump motor quit working today and was wondering where I could get a new 4g motor for a df-165. I cannot find any online. For a 13 lml