Air locker....

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
Well question about installing one in the front 9.25. Question is do you still need the actuator to engage the front diff? Or do you just plug the hole? Common sense is telling me yes but I’m not sure 🤔 Also best way to Run an air line and what type?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
yes. without it it will run as an open diff. when you engage the locker then power will only transfer to the driver side wheel and the passenger side will free wheel. the actuator on the front diff only connects the passenger side axle to the diff. nothing more

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Yes, you still need to keep the front actuator in place to lock in the passenger side shaft or go to a one piece shaft on the passenger side.

As for the airline, my personal opinion is to use high quality push-to-connect line like on big rigs. I would also insulate the line near heat or vibration points since it is running directly next to the oil pan and some support structure.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I use copper tubing and compression fittings for the air line on my air locker.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
The front diff doesn’t move. If you’re referring to bending the line, you can bend them pretty tight without kinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, forgot about that. kept thinking about the rear axle.

Budneeds2beers

Aka Mike Honcho....
Aug 25, 2016
Cali
What about brake line and compression fittings? Is that any better (quality/price)? As for the rear would parker 836 work? I believe it just needs to be .25 correct? Thanks guys. Finally have the chance to build my suspension up so I have a bunch of questions.