Info: Air Dog II/165 Install on a Regular Cab

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
This post will hopefully help anyone installing an Air Dog II
Solution:

1) Don't even waste time working around the bed, just remove it, it is a PITA but will save you hours and hours of aggravation.
2) Mount the pump behind the cab, drivers side frame rail, on the outside of the frame between the front bed mount and the front leaf spring shackle mount. The AD frame brackets will only allow you to use 2 of 3 holes but it will be fine.

;)
my truck is a CC and I got the lines off in less then 2 minutes after I bent the shield back, I did not mount the pump OB because the parking brake cable and I wanted to keep it hidden from prying eyes

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Used this write-up for my RC. Thanks Tony!

I mounted the pump on passenger side just north of the leaf hanger, ran the lines under the bed, above the heat shield panels to the tank, wrapped in blue flexy tubing. Didn't need to pull my bed, loosened all bed bolts on passenger side, and removed all on drivers, put drivers side of bed on 2x4, and unbolted the fuel cooler, plenty of room with people with little hands :thumb:

iallen4190

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for the great writeup Tony. I figured I would post a picture of my Airdog 150 installed on my 09 rclb in case anyone is going that route. I bought the truck with the airdog 150 on it, otherwise I would have gone with a 165. Previous owner mounted the bracket upside as well and I didn't catch it until after I was done mounting it :doh:. I don't see any reason to change it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)