Air compressor regulator

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Looking for recommendations on a regulator/dryer combo for an air compressor. It's a 5hp 80gal Ingersoll Rand for home use. It looks like decent ones are $100-150, I don't need top of the line but don't want a POS either. Thanks

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Make a drier out of pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats what Mike did, just takes ALOT of wall space.

I use the harbor feight one. i use it quite a bit at home and have not got any moisture in my air line yet. the rubber diaphram in the regulator likes to tear after some time but i cut some thick rubber out and put it in place, no issues since. we also use 5 of those harbor freight reg/dryers here at the shop on the air jacks we have but there is a dman 1/2 mile of copper pipe on the rafters to catch water before the dryers do since the last owner of the building ran EVERYTHING off air. had 4 big 30hp compressors outside under covers lol

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Compressor is outside under the back patio, don't want to run line for a dryer like that since it won't be living there permanently. If a cheap harbor freight works then I'm fine with that too.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Harbor freight regulator/dryer is working great so far. Ended up coiling a 25ft hose off the tank to the regulator so it wasn't directly off the tank. Small bit of moisture in the dryer after running air tools all day.