LLY: AGAIN my buddies LLY

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
OK , sorry to keep asking questions for a truck that i am 1000 miles away and trying to diagnose problems on my cell w pics but it is the same LLY that we diagnosed the bad CP3 when i was down in TX, he has since got it replaced but during that he accidentally pulled 2 wires out of the fuel rail pressure sensor. He found a wiring diagram on line and also had one sent to him on some Facebook d-max page and that was different so it may have been wired both ways.

3 wires , 5VDC , ground and i assume the signal back to the ECU. He thinks it is wired correctly now BUT , truck runs like crap , knocks bad at idle

codes = sensor unplugged throws 5 VDC reference high
sensor plugged in = 5 VDC reference low,

is there a short still or did he fry the sensor and or the ECU? I assume if it was wired backwards it may have sent 5V directly to the ECU OR it grounded. The 2 codes it throws is high and low reference voltage. Anybody have the correct wiring diagram showing the correct 3 wires to each spot on the sensor plug?

If either the ECU or the sensor fried from being shorted , it would be the sensor right as i assume the ECU is fuse protected?

Maybe it is still wired incorrectly or the harm is already done?

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Try unplugging the sensor and see if this changes how it runs. If not, it’s either fried the sensor or wired wrong. If it does, you have other issues. But it sounds to me like it’s not getting its signal. My lb7 ran horrible and knocked when I accidentally left my FRP sensor unplugged (I was a newb and didn’t see it)