LML Aftermarket PS pump?

Blaine

Dec 29, 2011
Arcadia, FL
I have a 2016 LML cab and chasis that is on the 3rd power steering pump and it still feels weak(94k miles on truck). Are there any aftermarket ones that are truly reliable and turn the wheel with better power than stock?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
What are you using to replace the factory one, pumps from auto parts stores are worse than used OEM. The aftermarket ones aren't any better imo. I bought a used low mileage oem pump when mine finally went bad.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I don't think you have an option, 16's have digital power steer assist. Usually just a gear goes bad in them and they just replace that. I'd make sure you get an entirely new box and you should be good.

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
Not sure but I don’t think cab and chassis got the digital steering assist rpo option.

And to the OP, I know you don’t want to hear this probably but you should take it to dealer. One reason being parts have a 2 years warranty on them. Unlimited mileage I believe. And plus they should have a power steering system analyzer that they can install inline and determine which component is causing the restriction or if there is low output from power steering pump. So if they did test and found out pumps are bad then you wouldn’t have to come out of pocket or waste your time replacing them cause it’d be a parts warranty claim.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I had this problem on a 04 and ended up being the steering gear box taking out the P/S pumps

Jacy_dzlguy

lots to learn...
Aug 27, 2011
South Florida
Not sure but I don’t think cab and chassis got the digital steering assist rpo option.

And to the OP, I know you don’t want to hear this probably but you should take it to dealer. One reason being parts have a 2 years warranty on them. Unlimited mileage I believe. And plus they should have a power steering system analyzer that they can install inline and determine which component is causing the restriction or if there is low output from power steering pump. So if they did test and found out pumps are bad then you wouldn’t have to come out of pocket or waste your time replacing them cause it’d be a parts warranty claim.

Read the OPs second post.