Aftermarket Fuel Filter System Question

SHANE V

Aug 18, 2022
Lumberton, Texas
I bought a '22 Chevy 3/4 ton about three months ago. I have been looking into replacing the factory fuel filter for a better system. Does anyone have any experience with VSE filter systems? Any information or opinions would be appreciated.

FreedomOne

Sep 30, 2020
They just recently came out. I just installed one on my 19 yesterday. It's a very nice unit and install is fairly easy. You also have the Fleece and BMP single filter housings as options also.

Reactions: SHANE V

SHANE V

Aug 18, 2022
Lumberton, Texas
They just recently came out. I just installed one on my 19 yesterday. It's a very nice unit and install is fairly easy. You also have the Fleece and BMP single filter housings as options also.
I really think the water separator/pre-filter setup is the way to go. My main concern was whether or not the truck would throw fuel system codes for pressure issues. Short of FASS having one available now, which they do not, this seemed like the best option.

Reactions: Mickey D

FreedomOne

Sep 30, 2020
No it won't throw any codes. I ran the BMP setup running Donaldson 553203 and 207s for the last two years. No codes with it either.

Reactions: SHANE V

Mickey D

Lighten up
Mar 26, 2023
Salmon, ID
Running the VSE with Donaldsons. Other than pricey, it’s a wonderful system. Easy to install and service.
Recommend.