Aftermarket Flexible Engine Dipstick

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
I was wondering if anybody knows of an alternative for a dipstick tube for these trucks. I built a motor with the 12651877 block and with merchant mounts the dipstick wouldn’t go between webbing and the mount. I bent it differently last time but it was right on the starter and I had to wrap it in hose and twist the wire around on the starter to get it to work. The motor is out again because the truck is getting some chassis modifications and I was going to try to fix that while it’s out. Just checking to see if anybody knows of anything, or knows If the th400 double o ring style end would work and if I could just get a lokar and make it work. I don’t wanna spend $150 on a dipstick and have it not work. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
wish i had an answer for you. i generally just rebend the tube around with a brake line bender.

mrhuffer112

Mar 6, 2016
Also interested in this. I bent mine I little too much when I installed twins and now the dipstick catches a little bit when pulling it out.

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
wish i had an answer for you. i generally just rebend the tube around with a brake line bender.

That’s a pretty good idea I’ve never thought of. Probably be pretty easy to get it right while it’s out. I bought a truck that fleece built that had a flexible one in it but unfortunately it got broke taking it apart. I might have to give them a call and see if they have something

fl0w3n

Jan 8, 2015
Gear star is advertising a flexible tube and stick on their site for some of their transmissions.

I’d give them a call and see if they can help.