After intake I'm loving the Cheetah

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Gotta de-tune it a bit because 50+ PSI is a bit much on stock head bolts and stock bottom end, but after putting on my LBZ turbo inlet elbow and S&B intake this thing really woke up. I was seeing 36psi max and burying the pyro quick at the track with this tune but after the intake it holds a steady 46psi and the highest the pyro got was 1400*, then it dropped to 1300* and stayed there. Can't wait to get it back to the track - plans for Friday might get changed. I can smell 12.60 :D

Here is a link to the thread with the rest of the details http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98706

Larry - I am running your vane tables with some added to the lower RPM, mid to high fuel areas to help spool up as well as some added to the area of the table that staging puts me at to get the boost I want for launch. With your truck being 2WD all that would do for you is make you lose traction though. In 2WD on the street you can't get too far into it under 50mph without roasting the tires.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
12.44 @ 107 this week. I pulled a 20 out of PW and opened the vanes on the turbo in the Max and desired tables from 1800 RPM - 100 mm3 fuel on up by 5%. Was hoping to get slightly less boost but let it breathe easier on the top end but instead was holding 50psi all the way down the track. I'm using less vane position than larry but getting alot more boost - what gives? Is it just the injectors and my 1980 PW and 26* of timing making my truck move air more effeciently?

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
I race with stock wheels on it with old worn out 285-75 BFG ATs. I am saving for headers and up-pipes and some MT cheater slicks, then I will be aiming for 11s on stock bottom end.

Remove the intake? I'm happy with the S&B intake and will leave it on and be sure to keep it clean. But I'll admit that most of the 12.85 to 12.53 gains I saw were most likely from the turbo inlet and not the intake. :hug:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I race with stock wheels on it with old worn out 285-75 BFG ATs. I am saving for headers and up-pipes and some MT cheater slicks, then I will be aiming for 11s on stock bottom end.

Remove the intake? I'm happy with the S&B intake and will leave it on and be sure to keep it clean. But I'll admit that most of the 12.85 to 12.53 gains I saw were most likely from the turbo inlet and not the intake. :hug:

there will be another option for up pipes coming soon so if I was you I would wait.

Killerbee

Got Honey?

You may want to change the thread title then.