After code p2563

Razerface

Feb 7, 2017
Code p2563. I have the position sensor ordered. I will replace solenoid if that does not fix it. Then,, do i have to do anything else, or will the truck take care of it? Does anything need synced or positioned?

2008 lmm.

Razerface

Feb 7, 2017
No i did not test it. I was feeling all smart when my code reader said the sensor was bad, so i ordered one right away,,then researched and found out it could be other things too. Too late to cancel order so it gets installed.

Razerface

Feb 7, 2017
Is this an involved/difficult procedure to replace it? I am very mechanical, but no duramax experience.

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
No it's just one 12 point bolt that holds it in the turbo. Little bit of a pita but fairly simple. You can test yours with a multimeter to see if it's still good just do a search it should come up fairly easy. Like I said though don't buy a cheap one, I did once what a waste.

Here is a link showing how to do it. I've never took off the oil line to the turbo like it says but other wise it's straight forward https://www.dieselhub.com/maintenance/6.6-duramax-vgt-solenoid.html

Last edited: