LMM: Aeromotive Tsunami Pump

jcambron

Lost
Oct 2, 2009
Deer Park, TX
I have a Tsunami pump laying around from a previous project. I have searched the aeromotive site and can not find much info on the pump. Will this pump flow enough to be an effective lift pump for my LMM. I would love to use it and install a filter to try and help with the fuel rail loss I have currently. Thanks in advance for the info.

JC

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i would imagine it would work. but maybe only for a short period. it might not be made for diesel fuel. also i'm sure with a name like tsunami you would have to turn the pressure down to 10-12 psi.

jcambron

Lost
Oct 2, 2009
Deer Park, TX
have the regulator also the pump is for efi or carb vehicles. my concern is with the longevity if used with diesel and flow capacity. may just be a long shot but have it laying around so was a thought. better than the $400+ kits that are available

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
have the regulator also the pump is for efi or carb vehicles. my concern is with the longevity if used with diesel and flow capacity. may just be a long shot but have it laying around so was a thought. better than the $400+ kits that are available

dont forget about the ppe pumps that go for like 160....

might be a better choice but i say heck with it run the tsunami till it fails...just carry the tools to bypass it in case it seizes and cuts off flow

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
if the AE pump fails hopefully you will have saved up enough money to do a real pump like a Raptor or Airdog. the PPE ones are nice but they will fail over time as well.

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
if the AE pump fails hopefully you will have saved up enough money to do a real pump like a Raptor or Airdog. the PPE ones are nice but they will fail over time as well.

yea i know they had problems but i heard they were corrected....

dmaxchris has been running one for a while and seems to like it a lot

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
they might have. i haven't had any calls about them lately however we sell raptors and ADs 10>1 over the PPE.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006

I have been running my PPE pump for almost 3 years...

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I have run them on a few Dodges and like them. I would run one on my Duramax in a second, with a regulator.