A wild tire appears..

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Well this happened Friday. I was coming back from a friends shop and a big rig had a blow out. The tahoe in the right lane blasted it and sent it into the air into the truck. All I had time to do was yell duck at my buddy. Thanking god it was just us in the truck and not the pregnant girlfriend and 3 year old. If it would have hit center of the windshield I have a feeling it would have went alot differently. All in all it took out my headlight, dented the hood, fender, knocked the corner of the bumper out of alignment, took the antenna out, destroyed the mirror(surprisingly the glass is still intact and the signal still works :rofl:) knocked off the windshield wiper blade and bent the arm, and looks like someone did a burnout on the windshield. 2200 worth of damage according to insurance.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You could've easily been killed by that tire. Thank god you guys are still here. Truck can be repaired.

I once witnessed a trailer lose a tire down the freeway. The tire rolled at high speed thru the median into oncoming lanes and hit a car head-on. Destroyed the front end of the car right there, and the tire flew about 50ft in the air straight up after hitting the car. Im pretty sure the guy in the car ended up ok, but still....wow.

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Yeah we were counting our blessings. I just stayed straight as there was a guardrail on the left and a vehicle on the right. Usually I wouldnt swerve cause it makes things worse but in that situation I would have gladly ran off the road a few feet. Insurance is covering it with a 500 dollar deductible.