A new winter setup for my LLY....

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
After having the 22's on the truck I swapped back to the factory aluminum wheels and new 285 Cooper AT3s, and just hated the way it looked. So I decided to throw them on craigslist and in just a few short hours they were sold.

So I had seen a couple members white trucks with the OEM PYS wheels and really liked the way they look minus the wheel spacer/adapter to make them fit, so my hunt began. I called the fellas from OE Wheels and chatted about the replica PYS wheel they were doing.

I came the conclusion I wanted either the black chrome finish or the polished finish. Polish was out of stock so black chrome it is.

I am blown away by the finish on these.

Tires are a new line we picked up TriAce tires, and these are the private label brand Black Bear All Terrain.

This setup balanced extremely well.

Here is the back side finish.

Warning label.

The wheel spacers they sent were wrong, so this is without. Still looks like I wanted it.

Proper wheel spacers showed up Monday, so I slid them on today. Nice change what a simple mod can make.

Side by side

Looks pretty good all setup. (minus spacers in these pics)

In conclusion I am really happy with the OE Replicas PYS 20x8.5 +12mm offset wheels with the 305/55/20 Black Bear tires. And I am still lowered 3" all the way around.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So wait, the replicas are 20x8.5? My OEM ones are 20x9.5. Wonder why they would change that going to replicas.

Most 20" tires are expensive, about the only cheap one is the 420 at roughly 160 a tire. I got mine for 600 otd.

b16gsr

Jan 3, 2014
LS MO
That's why I'm looking at 18" wheels, higher weight rating than my 17" and right around $75-100.00 cheaper per tire.

Mike that can't be correct?? A 10 ply 18" tire in the sub $200 range.

So wait, the replicas are 20x8.5? My OEM ones are 20x9.5. Wonder why they would change that going to replicas.

Most 20" tires are expensive, about the only cheap one is the 420 at roughly 160 a tire. I got mine for 600 otd.

OEM's are not 9.5" I can 100% assure you of that.