9th injector removal

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
I'm changing a downpipe on a lml and I removed the 9th injector back at the supply where the banjo bolt is. My question is what should I do with the return. Is there a way to block it off where that little box is. Or should I take that little T fitting out some how? Just looking to see how others have done it
Posted via Mobile Device

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
The CP3 conversion kits come with a little steel plug to go into the return line. I have 2 wherli Fab plugs. I could sell you one. But niether one of them fit the truck I was working on. Wherli wouldn't do anything about it, said that it must be me, or the truck I was working on. Said they have sold thousands and never once had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
I just unbolted mine from the exhaust and then zip tied it to the frame rail. My tuner said that I had to leave it connected to the wiring harness. I had originally thrown it away with the stock exhaust and had to actually go dumpster diving to retrieve the 9th injector.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I just unbolted mine from the exhaust and then zip tied it to the frame rail. My tuner said that I had to leave it connected to the wiring harness. I had originally thrown it away with the stock exhaust and had to actually go dumpster diving to retrieve the 9th injector.

Who is your tuner?

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
The CP3 conversion kits come with a little steel plug to go into the return line. I have 2 wherli Fab plugs. I could sell you one. But niether one of them fit the truck I was working on. Wherli wouldn't do anything about it, said that it must be me, or the truck I was working on. Said they have sold thousands and never once had an issue.

My truck is still down due to the Wherli fab plug that didnt fit. I mic'd it and compared to the stock fitting and it was way off. Called them and they jerked me around for almost a week now before I got pissed and had them send another one. I think they sent it by foot because I still have yet to receive it.. Pretty disappointed in their awful customer service with this issue.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

You end up getting a fleece one? Remember talking to ya about it

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
My truck is still down due to the Wherli fab plug that didnt fit. I mic'd it and compared to the stock fitting and it was way off. Called them and they jerked me around for almost a week now before I got pissed and had them send another one. I think they sent it by foot because I still have yet to receive it.. Pretty disappointed in their awful customer service with this issue.

Those asshats wouldn't do anything for me.

Ask Jordan if he remembers AJ. Apparently you and I have freak trucks because he said they had sold thousands of kits and never had an issue.

I even gave them dimensions of the factory fitting, the fleece fitting that fit, and their fitting that wouldn't, and he still denied the issue.

I will never buy another wherli product at this point. There customer service is pathetic

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You end up getting a fleece one? Remember talking to ya about it

I even ordered a brand new LML return line from GM ($190) and neither of there incorrectly manufactured pieces of junk would fit. But the fleece fitting, and the GM fitting did.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Those asshats wouldn't do anything for me.

Ask Jordan if he remembers AJ. Apparently you and I have freak trucks because he said they had sold thousands of kits and never had an issue.

I even gave them dimensions of the factory fitting, the fleece fitting that fit, and their fitting that wouldn't, and he still denied the issue.

I will never buy another wherli product at this point. There customer service is pathetic

Yea Jordan is who I talked to. He gave me some BS story about how I was supposed to call back and verify it didn't fit before he would send another one out. This was after he told me I was "the 2nd or 3rd person calling with this issue" and he would "check their inventory and the spec's on the plug". So after the 3rd time calling them he said they would ship me one. I asked for faster than ground shipping and i've yet to see the new plug yet..4 days later.

Should have went with fleece after the first phone call with that tard.

Texasz

Feb 12, 2017
That is surprising, I had spoken with Jason a WCFab and had great customer service from them. I have always been told good things about them. I wonder if they outsource the plug manufacturing and had some defect. Still crappy of them not to deal with it on the spot, that is just wrong on something like that... Mine fit perfect, I only had some issues routing the lines but that was more me than the kit. Hope it works out for everyone!

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
Got the replacement plug from them finally and mic'd it compared to the original plug. .044" difference. Put the new plug in with no problems.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Should have went with fleece after the first phone call with that tard.
I'm so confused. You went from "should have went with fleece" to "worst customer service I have EVER received" in just 3 days?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I'm so confused. You went from "should have went with fleece" to "worst customer service I have EVER received" in just 3 days?

Well who else makes a cp3 conversion, when the shits down in the driveway and you gotta get to work youll do whatever you gotta do to get it to work

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ

This was before the train derailed from that show too. I totally get your point but at the time being I was willing to do whatever to get back running. No one should have to make 3-4 phone calls to get the ball rolling regardless of the issue.

Finding out your part sat on someone's desk from wed-mon after you 2nd day air it to them would make anyone angry.

Ship4Brains

Oct 20, 2016
MS
Are these plugs not available at a hardware store? Haven't done any of these deletes so just asking. I wouldn't think these are some off the wall thread pitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Are these plugs not available at a hardware store? Haven't done any of these deletes so just asking. I wouldn't think these are some off the wall thread pitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No threads, it's a machined plug that fits inside a plastic housing and is locked in place by a clip. It's definitely off the wall I've never seen anything like what this 9th injector shit is

CT2500

Jul 27, 2012
CT
In the process of doing cp3 conversion now I cut the fitting out and got a barb coupling.