77' Squarebody

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
So like many others, I have turned to the dark side, no not a POS Ford... I bought a gasser. When I bought my Duramax in 2008 I made the biggest mistake of my life selling my 79 short bed. Just browsing CL one day I stumbled upon this insane deal on a 77 shortbed. I mean I practically stole this damn thing.
It is completely race ready and everything looks to be up to NHRA specs. Fully gutted, no interior, no dash, roll cage, no bed just skins, all the sheet metal is just skins, 2 step, linelock, manual steering manual brakes, 33" slicks, fuel cell and battery in the back 12bolt with a spool, upgraded axles. Just needs a motor and trans.
Plans are to do a 6.0LS and 4l80e if I can find a donor vehicle.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
so i managed to score this off craigslist for 2,500. i practically stole it, i could part it out and make 8k off it right now but i never sell anything lol :D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
so i managed to score this off craigslist for 2,500. i practically stole it, i could part it out and make 8k off it right now but i never sell anything lol :D

Good lord, did you wear a ski mask and give the guy a hold-up note when you went and picked it up?

Nice find!

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
funny, the guy before me bought it from the guy who built it, pulled the 383 stroker and th400 out and sold it to me, but he paid almost 10k :spit:

my goal is 10's for under 10k including purchase price