6 speed trans limp

Pdartsduramax

Jan 1, 2013
Believe I limped the trans yesterday :mad: threw a 0700 and a 0966, stopped and cleared the codes and drove fine the rest of the day, the girlfriends jeep was getting worked on today so I let her drive it. She drove all day with no problems, leave to go to dinner tonight and I limped it not even a 1/4 mile from home, ( guess she is nicer to it than I am:roflmao:) it threw a 0966 and 0964, I went through the trans a couple months ago just before installing the engine, everything was within spec... Possible electrical problem?

Pdartsduramax

Jan 1, 2013
I will pull the pan off tomorrow and check all the wiring, first time it limped It was under full throttle, now it will limp under 1/4 throttle. Thanks for the the reply

Pdartsduramax

Jan 1, 2013
I was able to work on the truck today and did not have very much luck, pulled the valve body down, cleaned and inspected every valve. Everything looks good, no wear or sticking, so I put her back together and took it for a spin, shifted fine no problems till I got back to shop and yet again limped , same p0966 code, mike are you referring to pressure control solenoid 2 as being a trim solenoid?

delsolcharlie

Apr 26, 2009
I was able to work on the truck today and did not have very much luck, pulled the valve body down, cleaned and inspected every valve. Everything looks good, no wear or sticking, so I put her back together and took it for a spin, shifted fine no problems till I got back to shop and yet again limped , same p0966 code, mike are you referring to pressure control solenoid 2 as being a trim solenoid?
What ended up being the problem?