5 Speed Issues

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Well I think I finally broke the stock trans in my pull truck! I had a hard time shifting out of 4 low. But then I started driving home and it hit 215 degrees so I pulled off, undid the trans blanket, and it drove home at about 185-190 degrees. Neutral seems to have some drive left in it, and reverse seems to be a little sticky? No codes on Edge but I'll have to read with V2 tomorrow. Anyone have thoughts

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Transfer case issue possibly?

Still brave running a stock Trans puller

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Tried pulling the truck again tonight as it drove me home fine, wouldn't move the sled threw range shift inhibited and a P0500 speed sensor A. I'm going to swap the trans although I am worried it's a TCase issue also?? Anyone????

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Thanks Mike. What specifically? Pump rub issue or hard part breakage

Pump rub has nothing to do with performance of the TC. Look at the speed sensor for wear on the tip. See if the tone wheel has marks on it. Check main snap ring in the extension housing groove for exessive play. Inspect plastic fork inserts for wear. Check extension housing bushing on the drive shaft yoke for any kind of play.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
If the pump rubs through it just makes a pin hole and you slowly lose fluid until it runs dry and self destructs.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Pump rub has nothing to do with performance of the TC. Look at the speed sensor for wear on the tip. See if the tone wheel has marks on it. Check main snap ring in the extension housing groove for exessive play. Inspect plastic fork inserts for wear. Check extension housing bushing on the drive shaft yoke for any kind of play.

Thanks Mike. I will pull the case and look. The original issue with the creep would have been the C1s warped? Or could be from transfer case issues? I also need one of your coolers, where can I get one!

RobsDmax

Mar 19, 2012
Arthur, Ontario
Figured I would update this. Swapped trans with good stock one and went back too old TCM tuning, all is well. :hug: Third gear start tune is here now that should work LOL!