4" tubing needed where to buy...??

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Need some mild steel (thin wall like 0.125") 4" diameter. I am looking for straight, and a couple 90°s.

Where you guys get this stuff from cheap? Id at least like to compare prices here local, see if they are in the ball park.

kthxbye :)

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yea I meant no bigger than that. Prolly looking for something like 16ga.

I went to RPS but its mandrel bent, where the bends are crunched down.

Does it look that bad. Is mandrel bends fine or will it look like crap?

:confused: thats not mandrel bends. mandrel bends keep the tube the same size through out its bend so there is no shrinkage in the tube its self. that way it stays 4" instead of dropping to 3.75 or so as the pipe is bent around.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
:confused: thats not mandrel bends. mandrel bends keep the tube the same size through out its bend so there is no shrinkage in the tube its self. that way it stays 4" instead of dropping to 3.75 or so as the pipe is bent around.

thats what I thought, but on the RPS site they say mandrel bend (as thats exactly what I searched for) and it showed it like that.....So then I though WTF, now what. MAybe ill try to source the pieces somewhere else..that is "actually" mandrel bent.

Not sure why RPS calls it mandrel then, when it looks like a rotary draw or whatever that term is lol.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
thats what I thought, but on the RPS site they say mandrel bend (as thats exactly what I searched for) and it showed it like that.....So then I though WTF, now what. MAybe ill try to source the pieces somewhere else..that is "actually" mandrel bent.

Not sure why RPS calls it mandrel then, when it looks like a rotary draw or whatever that term is lol.

huh, thats weird but yeah, the crinkle bend ones are the crappyiest kind you can get.

Try mandrelbends.com, thats where i was gunna go when i was debating on building a twin kit for me

Oct 21, 2009
They are mandrel Mike they are not smashed in maybe the picture just looks funny I have seen them in person alot of guys use them for twins kits:thumb:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
See doesnt look right to me...Maybe its a generic picture.. Ill have to call.

RPS-90MS-1.jpg

http://profabrication.com/

call and talk to Rhonda...very nice people and excellent pricing!:thumb:

Thanks, Ill give the, a shout. :thumb:

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
I use ChromeDepot- cant really say that they are the cheapest as i have never shopped their prices, I have just stuck with them since they were the only people that i could find to buy 7'' and 8'' tubing from.

GOOD LUCK Steven

Last edited: