LBZ: 36k rail pressure

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Please forgive me if this is incorrect as I have not messed with a new duramax! I have read the cp4.2 can produce 36k, or atleast the sensor can read that.

Now, could I use the new model frp sensor on my lbz, and rescale the table so I could run that much pressure? I have not updated efilive in probably 2 years, so I’m unsure if they even have that table?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
They do have that table to rescale the sensor. In the LBZ its hard to do. on the lb7/lly its easy and works fine. I ran a 32k psi sensor in my lbz and rescaled the table and it never did work perfect every time. Mark was doing the tuning and we had it scaled correctly and it would freak the ecm out trying to go over 199mpa. So we tried a few pulls with the stock sensor data and scaling the tune out so that 180mpa was actually 220mpa. It worked half the time and other times it would freak the ecm out. Ended up going back with a stock sensor. lbz hard limits at 199mpa

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
This is completely out of left field but if it’s even plausible to do this, then why do so many people freak out about rail plugs having the potential to hurt the system. Nick Preignezt from Duramaxtuner ran an LMM or LML I can’t remeber 100% to 32k and actually drove it there after treatment in place and all. I just can’t see these trucks being set to the factory at 26k or at least our Z’s and a small spike of 1-2k just causing massive carnage. Really interested in this.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
I ran a 2400 bar (34,8xx psi) sensor from S&S on our lly puller and rescaled the table. You can do the same with an lbz.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
They do have that table to rescale the sensor. In the LBZ its hard to do. on the lb7/lly its easy and works fine. I ran a 32k psi sensor in my lbz and rescaled the table and it never did work perfect every time. Mark was doing the tuning and we had it scaled correctly and it would freak the ecm out trying to go over 199mpa. So we tried a few pulls with the stock sensor data and scaling the tune out so that 180mpa was actually 220mpa. It worked half the time and other times it would freak the ecm out. Ended up going back with a stock sensor. lbz hard limits at 199mpa
What was it doing after 199 MPA? Operating system?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I know going too high pressure will actually physically not allow the injectors to work, from past experience. But I do not know what that pressure is because the stock can only read to 29,007. I’m sure there it plenty of power to be gained running at 35k if it’s possible! Somewhat off topic too, after I posted this i stumbled on a fb post from Lavon Miller saying they are gaining quite a bit of power from removing the “throttles” in their fuel rails. Throttle I guess is a pressed in orifice. So I’m thinking about drilling mine out since they are not removable like a Cummins rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Fleece did a great study a few years ago on drilling the orifi in the rail fittings. You can find it on YouTube. The advantages of fuel pressure and the ability to control it have been discussed at great lengths on this board the last 10 years, let's see if we can't link some of that into this thread.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
I ran a 2400 bar (34,8xx psi) sensor from S&S on our lly puller and rescaled the table. You can do the same with an lbz.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The table is there yes but it does not physically like going higher and the ecm doesnt really like any different sensor/scaling in the table.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Truck would fuel weird it would come and go mid pull, nose over sometimes. I would snuff the turbo at the end of the track. Went back to the stock sensor, and went back to normal

What was coming in and out? Rail pressure? Fuel quantity? What pump was on it too? Oh, and did it happen at >199mPa at any mm3 at any rpm?

Last edited: