3" lift RC Control Arms on 6" lift?

Delta.Speed

Mar 26, 2022
Anyone know if the control arms that come with Rough Country's 3" lift kit can be used with their 6" lift?

Im in the process of installing the 6" kit, and the RC control arms are already on the truck. I dont have OEM control arms.

I plan on getting the Kryptonite ultimate front end kit here shortly, along with their upper control arms, to go with the new PSC steering gear I acquired recently.

I wouldn't want to have to buy crap auto parts upper control arms just to throw em away in a few weeks if I can get away with just reusing the RC ones, but on their website RC doesn't say if the control arms will work with the 6" lift.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
I bet it would considering guys run 4-6” lift kits with factory UCA’s. In fact when I bought my truck it had the stock UCA’s and a RCD 6” lift installed. I would imagine the arms for you RC 3” kit are more suitable than factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delta.Speed

Mar 26, 2022
Spoke to Rough Country. Updating the thread in case anyone needs this in the future.

Per RC, the 3" lift Upper control arms will NOT work with their 6" lift. The reason is that the 3" UCA is made to correct the balljoint angle when doing a 3" lift that uses factory spindles.

Their 6" lift comes with lift spindles that correct the balljoint angle for the 6" lift. So running the 3" control arm and the 6" lift spindle together would over correct the ball joint angle and result in not being able to align the truck. It'll bolt on no problem, but it will make it mechanically unable to get aligned.

This is what the dude at RC said.

The more you know....

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Actually it will fit but you have to crank the bars up quite a bit and as said alignment is a bitch. Buddy left his in with his cognito 7-9” and it worked but angles on the top BJ still weren’t the best. Rode fine though and aligned fine. If you have a level kit in it now you may want to put the stock keys in. I had to but I have my Zone as low as I can with it.

Delta.Speed

Mar 26, 2022
Actually it will fit but you have to crank the bars up quite a bit and as said alignment is a bitch. Buddy left his in with his cognito 7-9” and it worked but angles on the top BJ still weren’t the best. Rode fine though and aligned fine. If you have a level kit in it now you may want to put the stock keys in. I had to but I have my Zone as low as I can with it.
The truck is currently on an RC 3 inch lift.

Why would I need to take the keys off? You think they'll mess with the angles on the 6" lift?

Would I need to take them off if I go back to OEM control arms?

I've decided to just get Kryptonite UCA and LCA to be done with it. I just put brand new Ridgegrappler 35's all the way around and I definitely want the alignment to be perfect to preserve the tires.

I was thinking if I go back to a stock control arm I wouldn't have any issues.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Leveling keys are indexed different from stock so your torsion key bolt is going to be backed out quite a bit more than it would with the stock key. It’s not ideal. You can try it and see and if you feel the need to change it or not.