2nd to 3rd shutter when towing

jpalmer

May 2, 2015
Reno NV
Thanks for anyone’s time for reading this. I am going to try changing the fluid to transynd, pull the pan to look for any signs of clutch material, change out the trim solinoids ( they are the originals with 190,000) and go from there.I am not the best at explaining and getting into detail when posting on forums so maybe that’s why why the lack of responses? Thanks anyway.

I"m working on EFI scan tool and data logging trying to figure it all out and i was able to get some information with the truck unloaded. I attached another screen shot of the graph.

second row trans converter clutch slip
third row off-going clutch pressure (orange) on-coming clutch pressure (blue)
forth row gear (orange) driver demand engine torque (blue) torque converter clutch duty cycle ( purple)
Most probably know the colors and what you are looking at but just in case.

The guy with the Tech 2 told my values were not changing but that does not seem to be. The 2-3 shift is off compared to the rest.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks again!

Hey guys,

I had a shutter when shifting from 2nd to 3rd after about 1 1/2 hrs. of towing a Trailblazer on a flat bed trailer, when I was able to get a guy to drive with me with his tech 2 ( I couldn't get it to do it again unloaded even with dragging the brakes and laying into it) but he said that 2-3 Adapt status cell 0,1 and 2 never changed from slow to fast like they should have as well as 2-3 Tap Cell 1,2 and 3 PSI never changed after several different pulls where it happened before. I have searched for a while and found nothing on this.

Anybody see this before? Trying to figure out if it is a wiring or communication issue or internal to the trans.

Trans has a trans go kit in it, upgraded clutches and torque converter with about 30,000 miles on it.

Thanks!!

Last edited: