2023 Duramax?

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Any rumblings on the 2023 HDs? There’s a few spy pics floating around, murmurs of power increasing, etc. nothing concrete. Any one have any insight?

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Sorry Tom. I resurrected the old thread. I’m sure the interiors will mirror that of the half tons. I’m curious about the power train side. I bet 6.6 gas will get the 10 speed transmission as an option. GM really crippled that engine by only offering the 3.73 rear end.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I think GM and Ford will have to bump their power up because when Ram comes out with their new 8speed trans they will probably bump their power up big time. They haven't been able to do it because of their shit transmissions.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
at this point I don't think increasing HP is the best move. right now they already have enough to tow more then most ever will do and any more should require bumping up to a 450/4500.

for me I would appreciate better reliability, improved responsiveness, shift quality. better stopping power with larger rotors and pads, etc. and maybe most of all an improved emissions system that doesn't shut you down at every little fault. maybe even an option in the menu system to activate a service regen and DEF quality checks. those would go a long way to making costumes less angry about emissions faults

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I think GM and Ford will have to bump their power up because when Ram comes out with their new 8speed trans they will probably bump their power up big time. They haven't been able to do it because of their shit transmissions.

doesnt allison have an 8 speed MIke? that gm could of used besides going to with the "ford " Allison?

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
Is Rams transmission going to be from ZF? Some people love GMs 10 speed, some hate it. I’m surprised they (GM) don’t/didn’t go with the 9-speed Allison.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
Then why are they almost identical?
I guess i should have worded my reply a little differently but so far from i have read this thing of Ford being involved or whatever seems to be just hearsay or rumor. I would be interested in seeing some facts on the subject.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I did some searching now and just like before find people saying different things. So who is wrong and who is right? I did find this tread interesting. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1682094-2020-ford-f250-6-7-laundry-list-of-issues.html

Mike L. What are your thoughts or inputs. I figure till now you or the shop have done a comparison or so. Be interesting to really see the facts.
Mike did reply to you stating "Then why are they almost identical?", it is post #12.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I did some searching now and just like before find people saying different things. So who is wrong and who is right? I did find this tread interesting. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1682094-2020-ford-f250-6-7-laundry-list-of-issues.html

Mike L. What are your thoughts or inputs. I figure till now you or the shop have done a comparison or so. Be interesting to really see the facts.
nate, the transmission badged allison in the duramax platform was indeed a duo build between gm and ford. What gm did was in a nutshell give allison the valve body and said can you do anything with this and allison changed a few things and sounds like they helped design the converter as well. This was what i gathered from my research over the years.

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
nate, the transmission badged allison in the duramax platform was indeed a duo build between gm and ford. What gm did was in a nutshell give allison the valve body and said can you do anything with this and allison changed a few things and sounds like they helped design the converter as well. This was what i gathered from my research over the years.
I’m open for pointers to where the information is. I did some google searching and all i found pretty much was about the 1500 transmissions. Everything i find on forums and the like is someone saying yes this is the way it is and the next person no this is the way it is. I believe you but without some good evidence or facts i will still have doubt be it one way or the other. Ive been wanting to know the “truth” for quit awhile on this subject but just never took the time to really search deep. Also I’m not one that believes everything i see on the internet.