2021 Silverado 3.0 reveiw thread.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Hey all, I just got myself a 2021 RST 3.0. Coming from a 2018 2500hd so this should be interesting.

I've started this thread for a general opinion from myself about this truck. I'll try to regularly post and keep updating it as time moves on.

Alright first review. Love being in a half ton the ride is very nice. The 3.0 is really quiet and well mannered with decent power for passing on the highway. My first tank of fuel came out at 24.8 mpg (canadian) ill note that it was crazy windy for the first 2/3 rds of the trip.

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
Undercoated what i could in the drive way today. Once I get a straw or something for the spray cans I'll go and under coat between inner and outer box over top the rear wheels. It can be accessed very easily by the three rubber caps in the box.
What are you use for undercoating?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Mitch, I think there's a small "Duramax" on the hood sides, like the LMMs/LMLs used to have.
I see it now that you mention it, Tom. Almost completely camouflaged by the reflection in the shiny paint. I thought I remembered there being a duramax badge at my glance, I just saw the Z71 badge and thought I'd ask.

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Yup just a "duramax" up on the hood. And z71 on the upper fender Other wise these truck have nothing for trim which i would prefer anyways.

Reactions: SmokeShow

Jakezed22

Dec 2, 2016
Put some miles on the truck this past weekend.

On the way there my speed was 105 kph up to 115 kph and that got me 29 mpg.

On the way back I kept it at 100 kph as much as possible and I was able to squeeze 31.75 mpg out of it.

I haven't got milage like this in a half ton since my old 6.2 diesel lol, and it didn't have power like this thing.

Very pleased with the truck so far.

Also I picked up an banks idash gauge for it and will update on that later.

Reactions: SmokeShow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)