2020 Silverado 3500hd Spy Photos

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I highly doubt it’s true. People have been predicting the death of the Duramax since 2002. Lol. Everyone loves to act like they know something....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly, just think of all of the "predictions" for the current L5P. I can't recall anyone getting the HP and torque numbers right. People where saying 8 speed, etc. Just about everything was wrong.

The only ones right weren't saying anything until release

1thackattack

Diesel enthusiast
Apr 7, 2017
Yeah I highly doubt that they will get rid of the Duramax, I think it has been pretty successful for them. If its not broke dont fix it.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I really wish they would just change a few of the features to at least catch up with ford. I dont really know how gm let themselves get so far behind. Wish they would spend less time trying to jump ahead on frames and body lines and look at the little things that sell these trucks. I appreciate the L5P as much as the next guy, but a few spare aux switches, maybe usable cargo light, DEF filler in better spot. Even the headlight bulbs in the silverados are lacking for a 60k$ truck. I could bitch all day i guess, but in the end, im so die hard gm that ill keep buying them...hell keep the truck exactly how it is in 2020, just catch up the interiors would be cool with me.

oh...ya round fender wells....cause you know...tires are round..

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I really wish they would just change a few of the features to at least catch up with ford. I dont really know how gm let themselves get so far behind. Wish they would spend less time trying to jump ahead on frames and body lines and look at the little things that sell these trucks.

GM seem to be doing just fine, so I think they might know their market better then you. IE die hards that just keep buying them like you... ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hoser

Jun 19, 2016
Farmington, MN
I really wish they would just change a few of the features to at least catch up with ford. I dont really know how gm let themselves get so far behind. Wish they would spend less time trying to jump ahead on frames and body lines and look at the little things that sell these trucks. I appreciate the L5P as much as the next guy, but a few spare aux switches, maybe usable cargo light, DEF filler in better spot. Even the headlight bulbs in the silverados are lacking for a 60k$ truck. I could bitch all day i guess, but in the end, im so die hard gm that ill keep buying them...hell keep the truck exactly how it is in 2020, just catch up the interiors would be cool with me.

oh...ya round fender wells....cause you know...tires are round..

Posts like this make my jaw drop and think, seriously??!!??!!

So you’re saying you’d rather have GM invest their time and money in a better bed light, more switches and a ball tickler built into the seat than better frames and fresh body styles??? Personally, I’ll gladly take the better frame and fresh body style that I can’t improve on my own, and then spend an afternoon installing some led bed lights and throw some halo led switches into the dash and call it Good.

I know this forum caters more to the performance guys, but let’s face it, these are trucks. Trucks are made to tow, haul, get work done, and get me a paycheck, so if I have to spend a few hours installing some switches and lights to get thousands of hours of R&D and testing of new frames that will tow and haul better and safer, well that’s a trade off I’ll take any day of the week.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
GM seem to be doing just fine, so I think they might know their market better then you. IE die hards that just keep buying them like you... ;)

lol ya, well played sir..

So you’re saying you’d rather have GM invest their time and money in a better bed light, more switches and a ball tickler built into the seat than better frames and fresh body styles??? Personally, I’ll gladly take the better frame and fresh body style that I can’t improve on my own, and then spend an afternoon installing some led bed lights and throw some halo led switches into the dash and call it Good.

I know this forum caters more to the performance guys, but let’s face it, these are trucks. Trucks are made to tow, haul, get work done, and get me a paycheck, so if I have to spend a few hours installing some switches and lights to get thousands of hours of R&D and testing of new frames that will tow and haul better and safer, well that’s a trade off I’ll take any day of the week.

oh pick your jaw up off the foor, for f*** sake. I dont like throwing switches and swapping halo's into a brand new truck. Im simply saying i shouldnt have to. Ive owned 6 duramaxes and ive had to throw in switches and try different bulbs, and drill holes, and bla bla bla bla to them all. It would pain me to drill into the dash of a truck that costs this much. Im just pointing out that the "competition" has built in aux switches etc, etc, etc. Ill drive a GM till i die, but i wish they would catch up.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
lol ya, well played sir..

oh pick your jaw up off the foor, for f*** sake. I dont like throwing switches and swapping halo's into a brand new truck. Im simply saying i shouldnt have to. Ive owned 6 duramaxes and ive had to throw in switches and try different bulbs, and drill holes, and bla bla bla bla to them all. It would pain me to drill into the dash of a truck that costs this much. Im just pointing out that the "competition" has built in aux switches etc, etc, etc. Ill drive a GM till i die, but i wish they would catch up.
I agree. A nice set of aux switches all with 30amp capable supply would be a great addition. But nice ones, not the big ugly ones Ford has. As far as headlights go I think the current ones are fine.

And round fenders with more room front to rear ffs.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course

The thing is you both wrong. We buy GMs because we feel they are the best, or at least I did. The R&D of the things that make these work trucks better is critical to stay competitive. But there's no damn reason they shouldn't be investing into the Creature Comforts of these trucks. The truck Market is huge right now with low fuel prices. This Market doesn't just include our beloved "work" trucks. Trucks are trucks most of the gadgets go across all of the platforms and GM is lacking across the board. I see Roushes, King Ranch, Platinum Editions, and Raptors all the time. But where's GM's response? Dealers full of fully loaded trucks and SUVs cuz that's what most people are buying. Dealers with 20 trucks with interior exterior accents, lift kits, auxiliary lighting, and wheels on them. They can put the money into those trucks before even selling them because they know they'll sell. Nobody is forcing you to buy a fully loaded truck if you want to work truck. But GM is forcing people to go aftermarket or to other brands to get the luxury items they want in their vehicles.

I like my square wheel wells...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I knew what turbo for L5P...;)

Same information stream...

yeah but you also said there was no allison for the 2017 duramax :D

Its still a duramax under the hood :secret:, just gunna have that new allison in it

Last edited:

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Why would GM ditch Duramax for a MAN diesel when it's proven to be successful?

It would seem odd, to just start putting the 3.0L Duramax in the 1/2 ton, and go away from the 6.6L Duramax in the 3/4 - 1 tons.

Stranger things have happened I guess.

1thackattack

Diesel enthusiast
Apr 7, 2017
Yeah, I hate those mirrors, they are hideous, they look like an amazon aftermarket mirror for an old topkick.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
They will be road testing them this year uncovered. They will be out sooner than you think. Ford and Dodge will be doing the same thing. Mid year change.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I don’t know how you can tell much from that crappy pic. Looks more like an Avalanche to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk