2020 LB7 Build

lowandblack

Apr 4, 2014
Canyon,TX
Hello everyone, name is Dexter Martin. I’ve been a member of this forum for a few years now and never introduced myself. I’ve owned my 03 LB7 since ‘09 and is strictly my toy anymore. Mods done to the truck is s475/stock, stock injectors, CP3k and built trans by UDT. DSP5 tuning is done by one of my best friends Blake at UDT. Well recently I had a injector hang open and put a hole in a piston. Blake and I have been putting together a build list. So far the list includes carrillo rods, mahle forged or mahle Fingers forged pistons 4.075, SoCal billet mains, 9100 AF cam from SoCal, beehive valve springs and pushrods from SoCal, suncoast 10532 converter, 250% injectors fed by a 12 or 14mm from S&S, s475/87 1.1 with a external 45mm gate when the bottle is present. I am still on the fence about a compstar crank. The current setup has put down 705/1250. I like to party so I would love to see 1k on fuel and 1100-1200 on spray.

lowandblack

Apr 4, 2014
Canyon,TX
Thanks! Planning on overbuilding it in hopes of less stress on the internals. Last time I went through it I just stuffed lbz rods in. So here we are again haha

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
Thanks! Planning on overbuilding it in hopes of less stress on the internals. Last time I went through it I just stuffed lbz rods in. So here we are again haha

Sounds like what im going through, have am 03 that i hung an injector and dropped a valve, rebuilt another short block with lbz rods and lb7 pistons along with a few other goodies. Think my heavy foot with a hot tune and an 8000 pound truck caught up to me. So now im going to go with carillos or socal rods, and some fingers race cast, key the crank and maybe the camnif indont go an af3388 cam. Want to overbuild it a small bit as it is my tow pig also only needs to hold about 600 hp :D

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
This engine build will be solid for sure! It has to be for the foot Dexter has :roflmao:

Has anyone heard if Callie’s have fixed their issues with the durastar? I’ve heard from a few people that they still currently are having problems.

DieselDemon18

Aug 25, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca
This engine build will be solid for sure! It has to be for the foot Dexter has :roflmao:

Has anyone heard if Callie’s have fixed their issues with the durastar? I’ve heard from a few people that they still currently are having problems.

Still hit or miss last i heard but it has improved. But not completely yet.

Im iffy about putting a durastar in ny build, Seeing as i only want to hold 600 unless i get a hare up my ass and want to push it to maybe 800 max i think my lb7 crank will be okay

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I just talked to Gabe at SoCal and he said they have indeed fixed the issue as far as he knows. He said they still put them through a secondary test when they arrive at their facility just to confirm.