2015 LML DenaliHD keeps moving after coming to a dead stop during redlight

anre5180

Feb 25, 2019
for the past week the truck has been having the following symptom:

Upon bringing the truck to a full stop at a red light and holding it there steady after a few seconds the truck keeps rolling slowly forward and I have to press another 2" down the break pedal to prevent me from hitting the car in front of me. After pressing a bit harder it does hold and no longer rolls forward.

no codes pulled, break system bleed and new fluid 1 year ago.

help! how can I troubleshoot with a certain degree of certainty... Master Cylinder? HydroBoost? I am not sure here

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Put a professional scanner on the truck. Go into transmission data and pull up turbine speed sensor. At a stop it better read 0 RPM's. If not, your dprag is gone bad in the converter. Is it pushing through the brakes? If not, disregard my info.

anre5180

Feb 25, 2019
I have the AutoAgent2 from PPEI tunning with the app on my tablet i can see all the parameters you would normally see on a computer. it does show 0. see attachCapture.JPG

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
My grandparents 4 runner would do that. Would be sitting at a stop, you would hear a thud almost like the ac compressor kicked on. Then it would roll forward. We just changed the brake pads and the rolling at the stop went away 🤷‍♂️