2015 EFILive Diesel Training

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Hey everyone - time for us to start planning where to hold training classes again for next year. We already have a few places we know we're going to try and have classes - but want to hear from you as you drive where we try to focus our efforts on putting a class together.

Next years training book / class will be updated to include additional information that has not been included in the materials up to this point because it either wasn't released or was new enough to the EFILive software and process that we couldn't get it included into this years training book, even though it did receive 2 separate revisions during the year - There's just been a lot of new things added and no time to incorporate them PROPERLY into the materials.

Anyhow - I'm posting this up on a couple forums and our Facebook page so I can hear WHERE people want....

Please keep in mind when placing your vote, that wherever you suggest for a class needs to have an on site dyno and a space big enough for about 20 people to sit comfortably with their computers and follow along through the class. So when you make your suggestion, please also mention a shop or a contact name of a facility that you feel would meet these requirements along with any additional contact info you have for them.
Thanks guys! Look forward to hearing from you!

-->Zach

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
An on site dyno is going to be a big limiting factor.

Myself, I would like to learn some Cummins stuff. But being I'm familiar with Duramax tuning it wouldn't benefit enough to pay for a class.

I'd say everyone who went to classes the first time around might be all you're gonna get???

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
That might be the case - other than I get emails 3-4 times a week (or PMs or Facebook messages) asking when and where the next class is going to be... Had over 300 people in classes the last 3 years.... So there's people wanting them, but apparently they don't come to the forums where I'm a sponsor :)

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I'm in North Carolina and would love to attend a class. I don't know where any dynos are but I'm within reach of Raleigh, Greensboro, Jacksonville and would possibly be willing to go as far as Charlotte or even Richmond VA.

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Will do... the South East is where a lot of people lately have been emailing from. Texas of course is a hot spot as is the Midwest areas of Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin..... but I've never ventured down past Tennessee / Georgia area.... so i'll have to see what I can find further east - but no promises. Rudy's is the only shop I know over that direction...

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
What time of year works? Winter I think isn't the best time to be trying to hold classes anywhere in the Midwest / plain states - as it's brutal, flat and cold.... but if you have suggestions, that would help me to try and work with the college in Iowa to see...

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
You know I'm always interested in the training classes. As long as its close enough, and I have the funds. Cherry Tree Pa was close enough. Just wrong timing. Keep us updated. Thanks.. :thumb:

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
I am in Western Washington was very disappointed that I couldn't make it when you were here. There is a shop not far from me with a dyno they are not a vender here so I don't want to mention their name. I would be happy to put them in touch with you if you're interested.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Make it a double edged sword and have it in Wilmington NC, Diesel Addiction is here and we have several dynos, plus it's at the beach so the wife or girlfriend will have something to do...:)

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
Make it a double edged sword and have it in Wilmington NC, Diesel Addiction is here and we have several dynos, plus it's at the beach so the wife or girlfriend will have something to do...:)

Would they be willing to host a class, and if so - do you have any specific people I can contact to discuss what is needed and possible dates? I'm definitely not opposed to somewhere new and I know on the east coast there has been a fair bit of interest in the past. Need to make sure they have a dyno and place for 15-20 people and a projector. Not terribly hard requirements but still have the basic 'needs' for each class so if they fit the bill, email me some contact info - be glad to explore the possibility.

Thanks!

BigDMax05

Peanut butter and ladies!
Feb 2, 2009
Indiana
I'm interested in a class around Indiana. There aren't many dyno options near me. I may have one option if the dyno is still in the building. But I don't know if they have exhaust fans. I'll do some checking to see if that is an option.

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
We will be working towards an Indiana class, it will be in Angola - but won't be until weather starts to warm up a little... so spring time. Haven't gotten that far down the list yet. Right now working on southern states for January and February at least... but if you have info on another location please let us know that does have an on-site dyno, please let us know!

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC

We could do it at Carolina Dyno. Don't know if Dustin would want tuning classes at his shop. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk